Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Looking for moral support through this journey (1 Viewer)

S

ssilva

I'm fairly new to writing professionally. Well, at least as far as an actual book is concerned. I've written for business for 20 years - business documents and "creatively" since I'm in advertising. I've also had numerous articles published. But this is a biggie - trying to write a non-fiction book. I've sent out queries to my top 7 agent choices and heard back from 4 pretty quickly. One has exclusivity and has asked for several additional pieces of information after reading the full proposal. I'm writing with two other people, but I'm the lead and the most motivated. It's just that sometimes I wish my colleagues were as excited about all this as I am. Sometimes I just need someone to say "keep going."

Sue

Lost in Some Story

That's wondferful. Congratulations already on doing something a lot of people never do, getting the attention of a publisher. What's the book about? Do we get to see any of your writing prowess?

Oh.

Keep going.

Lost

S

ssilva

Non-fiction book subject

The working title of the book is called "The Truth About Wives - Insights, Secrets and Truths from 1001 Wives." It's based on an online survey. It'll be a "revealing look into the reality of wives' lives today and the challenges they encounter." Part voyeuristic and part group therapy, one of the writers (there are three of us) is a psychotherapist with the #1 women's advice site on the web.

Each chapter will have three sections: one is a backgrounder of whatever the topic is, for example, "Do wives wear the pants, panties or both?" along with the stats from the survey, the second part is in-depth interviews with a few of the women so the reader can see what issues wives are experiencing and the third section is advice from our psych.

In the end, we hope to not only entertain and comfort (those who now feel alone with their issues) but empower women with knowledge and insights.

It's definitely a passion. I can spend hours on it, and of course I do, but then you've got keep up with the rest of your life; kids, work, etc. And you? What are you working on?

Lost in Some Story

That sounds like an incredibly fun idea. I'm going to have to buy it to empower my wife--or maybe just for my own research purposes. :D

After reading your post, I realized that I misspoke. So, to correct myself, congratulations on doing something some people never do, attracting the attention of an agent.

I'll spare hijacking your thread to talk about my own stuff, but thanks for asking. We'll have to save it for the forums. Welcome again.

Lost