Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Looking for a Co-author (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamM

Hello, my name is Adam. Im twenty-two years old. I'm working on becoming an author. Im working on a main story that i would like to turn into a book among other stories. What I've realized I need is a Co-Author. Someone to help me along the way, provide constructive criticism, and work along side. This would have to be something done long distance, for the simple fact that im currently deployed to Iraq. If anyone is interested let me know, or suggest some place i could further my search. I like to write fantasy fiction, science fiction, and also the world feared zombies. Thankyou for any help you may be able to provide.

TheFuhrer02

WF Veterans
*raises hand* Me, pick me!

I am a fan of fantasy fiction, too. If you want, we could collaborate on a project. Looking forward to that. :D

movieman

If you're going to do it, ensure you have some kind of rights agreement worked out beforehand; I don't known anyone who's co-written a novel, but I've known people who worked with co-writers on movie scripts and if the other guy decides to drop out you're basically screwed unless you have some kind of rights agreement that lets you continue after that.

Fortunately in the one case where I co-wrote a script it was already scheduled to be shot in six weeks so we knew we weren't going to have time for it all to go horribly wrong :).

TheFuhrer02

WF Veterans
^ Thanks for the heads-up, movieman. Though the original poster may no longer be interested in the proposition. :D

ARHammond

Hey Adam,

Im going to dance around formality and get to the point, not to be rude but you gotta like people who get to the point. I, too, am in the market for a co-author. I am very well written which makes for being a great writer, have a broad imagination, infinite creativity, flexible time schedule, and more ideas than vowels in Zach Galifianakis (actor). You get the point? Im very eager to have a writing partner and contain both the knowledge and potiential for publication. I network frequently which helps when it comes to wanting to pursue teh writing world and I need a co-author. Im 16, but don't let that stop you. I compromise more than my nickel's worth. So, this seems to good to be true, right? Well why do I want a co-author, as you can probably tell, im the typical artistic type - got the artisticism, have the ability - I need the disicpline though. I need a co author to help keep me on track, motivation, if you will. Thats the beauty of creative partnership, one to help move the other and vise versa. I've probably taken up more of your time than necessary but if your interested my email is:
You seem just like the co author im looking for. Thanks for your time, look forward to your email.

~Austin

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Adam,
Thank you for serving our country. I'd love to help you out with co-authoring a story, especially something on the lines of zombie fiction. If you're interested, feel free to e-mail me at

Last edited by a moderator:

Bilston Blue

WF Veterans
Moderators note: It is against our advice to post personal details on the public boards. Please use the private message facility to exchange details if this is necessary. Beware of giving your details to those you don't know or trust.

Taken from the site rules:
We also always strongly advise you to keep your private information private. Do not share your email address, phone number or other private information with anyone you don't know or trust. Once you do you can't "take it back" so be careful who you share your information with. Our advice is:Do not share your private information!

Status
Not open for further replies.