Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Long Time Writer, First Time Poster (2 Viewers)

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
Greetings to you too! I was born in 1944, surely you have not been writing that long? Okay you did say most of us. :)

I am not published in the normal sense either, Thought about it and decided I really don't want that hassel of finding suitable outlets and getting rejected. Then someone gave me an i-phone for Christmas a while back so I have been recording my short stories and putting them on YouTube, (See my signature below), much easier. When you have made a minimum number of posts (I think it is still ten) more of the forum will open up and you get the opportunity to show us your mettle. I usually recommend people to look through 'Writing discussion' and find subjects they can join in on, it is an interesting forum, excellent in parts.

Welcome to the forum, I look forward to seeing you stimulated into passion.

Arbus

Thanks for the welcomes.

I'm mostly drawn to historical fiction, where I get to tweak a template into new directions.

I always tell people that literally all they know about history is fictionalized to some degree. Usually an audience - print or film - ignores the caveat, "Based on a true story," "inspired by real events." What follows is not the "true story" or "real events" themselves, but an inrerpretation of them even if sticking to some semblance of documented fact. These same readers/viewers are the first to cast stones at something as "fake" or "false" when they're warned from the beginning.

Taylor

Staff member
Global Moderator
Welcome fellow scribbler! I just finished writing my first novel that is a historical fiction mystery. I would say that's a great way to describe it "tweak a template into new directions." I may have to quote you on that!!

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
Thanks for the welcomes.

I'm mostly drawn to historical fiction, where I get to tweak a template into new directions.

I always tell people that literally all they know about history is fictionalized to some degree. Usually an audience - print or film - ignores the caveat, "Based on a true story," "inspired by real events." What follows is not the "true story" or "real events" themselves, but an inrerpretation of them even if sticking to some semblance of documented fact. These same readers/viewers are the first to cast stones at something as "fake" or "false" when they're warned from the beginning.
History is written by the victors.