Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Londonstani and Others (1 Viewer)

Short Tooth

Just bought this book by Gautum Malkani today and I'm really enjoying it. It's a fascinating insight into a world I already knew too much about. But I'm always interested in seeing how it is perceived and embodied by others and how they portray sectors such as these in works of art.

My question is has any one read this, and also does any have any titles similar to this to recommend? By that I mean books about the youth culture (18-21) in England, preferably London. I'd really like to pursue these avenues more.

Short Tooth

Ohmygod. I just finished this book.... Never has a book left such an impact on me. Amazing! It has a twist that is completely unique to literature and could never be replicated in film.

Truly outstanding, and such a fantastic commentary, critique and insight into Hyper-masculinity in the youth of London particularly.

Highly recommended to everyone

Mike C

WF Veterans
Interested in your opinion on Londonstani - it's on my 'buy' list, although the reviews haven't all been particularly glowing.

If you want youth culture combined with some urban fantasy, read China Mieville's 'King Rat', also set in contemporary London.