Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Literary Maneuvers June 2021: Grid (4 Viewers)

Literary Maneuvers, June 2021

LM_210602_Randomizer-150.jpg

Special randomised prompt

650 words, deadline 23:59 GMT / 18:59 EST, Tuesday, 15 June
Introduction

Something a little different this month. Each participant will be working from a different randomised 6-word prompt. Please see the chart and instructions below...

6-by-6-prompt-element-randomizer-chart-png.26959

As the judges will need to know what you've rolled in order to judge your work, please include this information before your story.

Any questions about this unusual format, please feel free to ask in the Coffee Shop.

If you win, you'll get a badge pinned to your profile, plus the chance to enter our Feb 2022 Grand Fiction Challenge, which carries cash prizes.

Judging

The judges this month are thepancreas11, myself, and Olly Buckle. For those interested in judging, let me know via PM or in the Coffee Shop. If you wish to know more about scoring, take a look at the NEW JUDGING GUIDE which also includes a template to use for your scoring. Please use this template for consistency.

Additional

All entries that wish to retain their first rights should post
in the LM WORKSHOP THREAD.

All anonymous entries will be PMed to myself and please note in the PM if you want your entry posted in the workshop

Please check out our Rules and Policies for extra details on the LM contests.

Everyone is welcome to participate, including judges. A judge's entry will receive a review by their fellow judges, but it will not receive a score, though some judges are happy to let you know their score for you privately. Please refrain from 'like'-ing or 'lol'-ing an entry until the scores are posted.

Judges: If you could send the scores no later than June 30th, it will ensure a timely release of results. Much later than that and I will have to post with what I have. Again, please see the Judging Guidelines if you have questions. Following the suggested formatting will be much appreciated, too.

Last edited:
Thanks for the dice, Matchu! That saved me finding one.

I have to admit I wasn't sure about the grid idea first but now that I've got my prompt-list I kind of like it. It wants to push me along in a direction that I usually avoid but that might not be such a bad thing.

Users who are viewing this thread