Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Life is (1 Viewer)

dsaranti

Life is ...

Life is a stunning white bird
streaking through the clear blue sky…
Life is a honeybee honing in on a beautiful wildflower…
Life is a gazelle running as fast as the speed of light…
Life is the golden eagle spreading its wings…
Life is the vividness of the leopard chasing its prey…
Life is the silence of the Sahara desert…
Life is the clear deep blue of the Aegean Sea…
Life is the searing white houses of the Cycladic isles
…(central Aegean Sea)
Life is the dazzling sunset of Santorini…(an idyllic Greek island, known word-wide for its breathtaking sunsets).
Life is the simple harmony of the Parthenon…
Life is saying you are sorry…
Life is forgiving…
Life is giving to your fellow human being…
Life is striving for knowledge…
Life is enjoying the simplest of things…
Life is loving each other forever…
Life is what you make it to be…
Life is my Elaine;

she embodies all of what I have just now portrayed…
Life is Elaine's inspiring beauty;

it is her romantic soul,
Life is her true passion for life”

Chiefspider

I good read, few things tho - I think that Elaine would have been more effective if you placed her in the beginning of the poem - and the explanation of Santorini breaks the flow in my opinion (I don't know about others, but if I find something in a piece I don't understand such as Santorini I'd look it up so I don't see a point in the explanation :D) the repetitive "Life is" get a little annoying but I also feel it flows with the poem nicely, perhaps a few more breaks in between the repetitions?
You have a great piece here I enjoyed the read keep up the good work :D

Jinxi

I like this very much. I agree with Chiefspider's comments though - perhaps bringing Elaine in sooner would be more effective. I have written poems that repeat words at the beginning of every line. I think it can be very powerful, depending on the length of your poem. I love how you have done it and I think it flows very nicely, but as Chiefspider mentioned, perhaps you could add in one or two more lines to break the "Life is" pattern?

Just a thought. :) Good job though - I think this is a really beautiful piece of work that is there to send a stunning message.

dsaranti

many thanks. I take careful notes of all of my friends remarks. Unfortunately all my poems were posted on poet's website. The disk crashed and all my work was lost but for a few remnants. Best from Dimitri

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
I am afraid I must agree with Chiefspider and Jinxi,both made some very valid points--however you created some gorgeous visual imagery. I enjoyed reading this . Thank you for posting this poem.---Peace--Jul