Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Life in the slow lane (1 Viewer)

LeeC

WF Veterans
I remember my mom telling me to look both ways before crossing a women. Proof in the pudding when the wife got annoyed with me last fall. She wheeled me out by the road with a For Sale sign, only relenting when the dog wouldn't leave my side.

TrueFriends.jpg

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Oh.... I am so tempted to stick a 'For Sale' notice to my husband's back when he is not looking!

bobo

...She wheeled me out by the road with a For Sale sign, only relenting when the dog wouldn't leave my side.

Why don't you put her up for sale on the facebook - 'good wife only a little used' ??
(the strategy is called: paying back in the same valuta - and that can be necessary for the other party to feel what they did in the first place :) )

LeeC

WF Veterans
Be careful you don't get sex trafficked when your sold...
Alas, in my dreams. Ummm, a lass, Shame on you for taking my mind there.

One time in the grocery store, back when I could get around on my own, I was looking over the the yogurt selection. An older woman (to you) stopped beside me noticing the key-lime flavor and said, "Oh, I'd do anything for a key-lime pie." Out of the corner of my eye I noticed a younger woman, several steps away, break out a broad smile.

Live with no excuses, and love with no regrets.

LeeC

WF Veterans
At a routine visit the doc wrote out a prescription and handed it to the wife to fill for me. Remembering there was something else I needed, I told her that as long as she was going to the pharmacy I needed more rubbers. When the doc looked at me incredulously I showed him the worn rubber caps on the bottom of my canes. Strikes me that we're only simple animals, with our minds usually on our stomach, or between our legs ;-)

• Haha
Reactions: sas

JustRob

FoWF
WF Veterans
See here, could you do that ??

View attachment 17785

Nope. My fingers are so short that they barely reach my hands. I can't even snap my fingers, not that my angel would take any notice if I could. I hate it when people say "you can't make it happen just by snapping your fingers" because I know that all too well. If only I could snap my fingers; then I'd prove them wrong.

EDIT: Gosh, my brain really is in the slow lane this morning. The ability isn't just in the contortions but in taking the photograph. I should have realised that sooner.

At a routine visit the doc wrote out a prescription and handed it to the wife to fill for me. Remembering there was something else I needed, I told her that as long as she was going to the pharmacy I needed more rubbers. When the doc looked at me incredulously I showed him the worn rubber caps on the bottom of my canes. Strikes me that we're only simple animals, with our minds usually on our stomach, or between our legs ;-)

A long time ago my angel related to me a story told by the manager of the chemist's shop where she used to work. A man came in and asked for "crotch rubbers" or maybe "crutch rubbers" and had to clarify that what he wanted was "rubbers for my crutches."

Last edited:

JustRob

FoWF
WF Veterans
We saw a surreal sight while walking home from the shops today, real weeds growing in an artificial lawn. So much for low maintenance gardens. Accept it, you can't beat nature.

LeeC

WF Veterans
I'm a bit slow, but when I opened my iPad today I noticed that with the time of day it also tells me what the weather outside is. What, have we gotten to the point where we don't even look out the window anymore?

Felt lately like I'm losing it, but my mind must be working after a fashion because I had the insight that I've never had it ;-) One of those things one may eventually realize if they're not too subjective.

Knowledge is knowing that tomatoes are a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put them in a fruit salad.

Users who are viewing this thread