Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Library Project: Christopher Columbus (1 Viewer)

RiderOnTheStorm

I am working on a library project and I was asked to write a review at the end, following some questions.

It may not make much sense when read alone, but I was wondering if anyone could revise it for me. I usually have a hard time with punctuation.:read:

Thanks in advance :)

Library Project: Christopher Columbus

I decided to do my library project on Christopher Columbus because I’ve always been fascinated with all the mysteries that surround him. For centuries, he has been the main character in numerous tales and myths, he’s been recognized as the discoverer of the Americas, as the man who proved earth wasn’t flat, and yet historians barely know anything about him. Researching at the library allowed me to get a better picture of who he was and what was happening around the world at that point in time.

At the library, there were many titles available about the topic, I certainly found more than what I was expecting. When looking for information, I don’t think a book could be more resourceful than an article, and vice versa. In my opinion, books tend to “colour” facts in order to make an interesting read, while articles are often biased. Therefore, in order to obtain a clearer picture about a certain topic, it is better to do research on both. Overall, I had a good time looking for the information at the library, everything was well organized, and the people working there were very friendly.

D

DavidGC

I'll give it a shot. xD
Library Project: Christopher Columbus

I decided to do my library project on Christopher Columbus. (perhaps put a period here and take out the following 'because')
I’ve always been fascinated with all the mysteries that surround him.
For centuries (no comma I don't think) he has been the main character in numerous tales and myths, (just a comma and a bit of revision) been recognized as the discoverer of the Americas, and as the man who proved earth wasn’t flat; (semi colon works nicely here) and yet historians barely know anything about him. Researching at the library allowed me to get a better picture of who he was and what was happening around the world at that point in time.

At the library, there were many titles available about the topic; (not sure, but I think a semi colon could go there) I certainly found more than what I was expecting. When looking for information, I didn't (proper tense) think a book would (would as opposed to could) be more resourceful than an article, and vice versa. (consider revising the previous sentence. It's a bit confusing) In my opinion, books tend to “colour” facts in order to make an interesting read. Articles, on the other hand, are often biased. (just cleaned it up a bit) Therefore, in order to obtain a clearer picture about a certain topic, it is better to do research on both. Overall, I had a good time looking for (no 'the') information at the library. (period) Everything was very (as opposed to 'well') organized (no coma) and the people working there were very friendly.

I tried my best there, but you might want to consider having someone else look at it too.

P.S. Love the John Lennon pic. The Beatles are the best!

JohnN

Good to get some tips from people, but you should try revising for yourself. Thats the only way to improve.

Users who are viewing this thread