Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Let's create together (1 Viewer)

Lawless

(Moderators, feel free to move this somewhere else if necessary. I tried my best to figure out where was the proper place to post it, but I'm by no means certain I guessed right.)

At school, I (or someone else) sometimes wrote the first sentence of a story on a sheet of paper and asked the others to write one sentence each and pass the sheet on.
It occurred to me it might be interesting to play a collective creation game on this forum, only more challenging. How about we create a crime mystery together?

The premise:
K killed V in a manner that, according to the letter of the law, is intentional homicide.
F found V's dead body. Looking at the body of V, F is convinced that V has been killed. F has no idea who killed V. F has no idea that K has killed anyone.
F can gain financially if V's death is not discovered. That's why F decided not to report the killing of V to the police.

Question to you:
How can F profit from the other people not getting to know that V is dead?

Please suggest ideas. After, say, at least 24 hours have passed and 4 ideas have been suggested, I will choose one, supplement the plot and give you the next question.

It doesn't matter if you have never written a crime story. I haven't.

FYI, I'm not trying to lure you into helping me write a story. I have my hands full working on something completely different. This here is meant as leisurely amusement, to take a short break from you poetry, horror, urban fantasy or whatever. I have no plans with this, just curious to see where it'll lead to.

vranger

Staff member
Supervisor
I wouldn't mind if I WAS helping you write a story. I've done that plenty. LOL

V is the public face of an important and profitable project, but F has been doing all the real work. F knows he can bring the project to completion, but thinks the project will be scrapped if V is found dead. Plus, F suspects A killed V, and A is an important assistant in completing the project. It will be difficult with V suddenly missing, but F thinks that can be covered.

ETA: I think you're fine right here. Getting a diverse group of people to write a sentence at a time and stay on course will certainly be a challenge! LOL

Last edited: