Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Less than 50k but still awinner (1 Viewer)

wmd

Well, this year was my first in Nano and I only got to 20,003 words. I know that I could have done much more than that if I did not procrastinate and allow myself to be distracted with free online games.

Anyway....

even though I did not make the 50k I still consider myself a winner. First, I am writing again after a layoff of over five years. I am excited about it again, and have once again become addicted to it.

Secondly I have written more words on this project than I have ever done on a single project before. I used to write mainly short stories, and every time I attempted a novel I failed miserably. Even though my nano novel was off the wall and full of goofy storylines, it was a cohesive story and I did write a lot of it.

I am excited about next year, and am already looking foward to it. I am now working on more serious stuff, and have ideas for three seperate novels. I also have a story submitted to a fiction magazine and I am working on another to submit to more magazines. All of this since signing up for nano in the middle of october.

Nano drew me back to writing and I am excited to be back.