Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Late night ramble (1 Viewer)

Jk_Sl

246356fb1d0f42c4a71c393f75c7351b.jpg

J.h

2020Syd2020

Hello,

This has a real pulpy feel to it, which I like there is a fuck it attitude when it comes to language that feels anarchic and kind of fits in the the central conceit of the piece. If I had to be completely honest with you I think it relies somewhat on the reader being familiar with From Dusk till Dawn which puts it in dangerous ground because when you expect knowledge from your reader you’re limiting the impact and the range of the piece. I would also probably focus on vampires or zombies as the metaphor rather than both. Save one for part two.

Looking forward to the next instalment

Cheers

Syd

Jk_Sl

Hello,

This has a real pulpy feel to it, which I like there is a fuck it attitude when it comes to language that feels anarchic and kind of fits in the the central conceit of the piece. If I had to be completely honest with you I think it relies somewhat on the reader being familiar with From Dusk till Dawn which puts it in dangerous ground because when you expect knowledge from your reader you’re limiting the impact and the range of the piece. I would also probably focus on vampires or zombies as the metaphor rather than both. Save one for part two.

Looking forward to the next instalment

Cheers

Syd

Thank You Syd. It was just mindless babble.
Late last night and quickly put it down.
I might do something else with it.
Thank You.