Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Kurt Vonnegut died! (1 Viewer)

Uriah

I don't know that I've mourned the death of a celebrity like this. This really hit me, Vonnegut has been so instrumental in my life. I'm very sad.

Today a giant passed.

salad days

One of my favorite people and author =(

I've always been jealous of one of my ex bf cus he got to meet Vonnegut.. now I will never get to meet him.

Itsaboysname

Sirens of Titan totally changed my life. Vonnegut was a God.

I started today, the first thing I see this morning: Kurt Vonnegut is dead. I turned on the news and it's Imus Imus Imus, five seconds of the death of a literary genius, and back to the results of Anna Nicole's baby daddy test.

I've decided he gets a national day of mourning.

salad days

Itsaboysname said:
Sirens of Titan totally changed my life. Vonnegut was a God.

I started today, the first thing I see this morning: Kurt Vonnegut is dead. I turned on the news and it's Imus Imus Imus, five seconds of the death of a literary genius, and back to the results of Anna Nicole's baby daddy test.

I've decided he gets a national day of mourning.

You and I both.

I'm so sick of the Anna's baby-daddy.

Shawn

WF Veterans
We should definitely build a gargantuan statue of Vonnegut that straddles San Francisco bay and can be seen from space. New Deal for the New Century.

Kurt was one of my very favorite authors. I've read Cat's Cradel almost 10 times.

It was weird though, because the same day I started doing a project in my English class on him, he died. :(

raymondstary

Cat's Cradle is among my favorite books and Player Piano as well. I've yet to find Bluebeard at a used book store or on sale so I've not read it.