Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Kiaora (or, hello) (1 Viewer)

Severn

Well, I'm glad to find this place. I've been writing for years, had a few poems published here and there. Done a degree in English literature, and am planning on a Masters in Creative Writing in 2009. I took a long break from writing, and am just getting back into it, and although I belong to a writing group (just a group of friends) would be great to have a wider range of opinions, and also to give some feedback.

I write contemporary lit. fiction in the form of short stories, often informed by my New Zealand culture. I also write poetry, but not so much anymore.

See you all about!

K

Hi

Kiaora back!
Im not a New Zealander (pakeha?) but my nephew is. My sister has lived there for 12 years. I visited once and have been aching to go back. Welcome to the site!
Cant wait to read your stuff.

Severn

Thanks again - how welcoming you all are. :D

Portia - 'pakeha' is simply the Maori name given to New Zealand Europeans - the 'white' people (it's actually quite degrading n its original form, but has now softened to become a common, acceptable name.

And a warm welcome to you too).

Cheers

K