Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Ken Kesey (2 Viewers)

G

Guitarra

Hello, ive just started to read Ken Kesey's One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest,
So far its brilliant.

Has anyone else read this book?

ruksak

I have indeed read this book and it is stunning. One of the best I've read. His other books pale in comparison unfortunately, but for more of a Kesey fix read The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe next - it's all about Kesey and his Merry Pranksters.

deviger

One of the best books I've ever read. I also read some of Demon Box, but never finished it. It was a bit too random for me. There was a lot of time explaining things, but nothing ever really happened AND nothing important was ever really said.

Hell's Angel

Just finished Cuckoo for a book club. It's brilliant stuff, though in the beginning the others had a hard time "getting it." (What is that Shock Shop? Why are they "Black boys?")

G

Guitarra

I'm only 30 pages in, but I belive the shock shop is where they take people who are 'out of line' to 'rehabilitate' them, if you get what I mean.

As for the 'black boys part' I'm not too sure, it could just be a racist gesture, who knows or he could just be refering to hate inside them.

Last edited by a moderator: