Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Ken Follett's "The Pillars of the Earth" (1 Viewer)

BeautifulDisaster

Has anyone ever read any of Ken Follett's novels?

I wanted to find a new (to me anyway) author so I had a book to read when I go to the beach next week. I picked out "The Pillars of the Earth"... has anyone read this? What do you think about "The Pillars of the Earth"?

What do you think about Ken Follett as a novelist? Just curious.

andreaypich

I thought it was tremendously overrated and pretentious. I like to read Ken Follett's books in summer, and believed this was his worst. I think he's better doing the mistery thing. I really enjoyed 'A Very Dangerous Fortune' and 'A Place Called Freedom'.

BeautifulDisaster

I'm about 200ish pages into his novel, and it IS very tedious, but I actually like it. Not sure why.. lol but I just do. I'll have to keep those other books in mind though.

Foxee

Patron
Patron
I've read Pillars of the Earth as well as several other Ken Follett novels. I enjoyed it. Another one I liked was Eye of the Needle (if I have the title right...it's been awhile).

If you're looking for other authors, too... have you read Terry Pratchett? He's one of my new favorites. He writes fantasy satire which is just rich and hilarious.