Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Keep your head up (1 Viewer)

Jk_Sl

fc9052c14d8291ed318a46de4ff2dd67.jpg

J.h

2020Syd2020

Hello,

As a reader I want to know why loving him was destructive, I feel like you could be doing more to show the reader rather than tell them what is happening in the piece. You have the emotion behind the writing but I just feel like currently the piece goes from setting a scene to setting a scene without really allowing the scene to play out,

Cheers

Syd

Jk_Sl

Hello,

As a reader I want to know why loving him was destructive, I feel like you could be doing more to show the reader rather than tell them what is happening in the piece. You have the emotion behind the writing but I just feel like currently the piece goes from setting a scene to setting a scene without really allowing the scene to play out,

Cheers

Syd

Thank You Syd, [emoji120]

Annie. Marie

I feel like the curse words here are nicely placed and don't take away from the poem itself which is the issue with a lot of writing. The second stanza is my favorite because you really go in depth in what you're saying.
For edits I think you can get rid of the third stanza and just take those first two lines of it and add it to the previous stanza. Then I would work on the line breaks for the last stanza because it sounds a bit off.
Thank you for sharing!

-Annie

Jk_Sl

I feel like the curse words here are nicely placed and don't take away from the poem itself which is the issue with a lot of writing. The second stanza is my favorite because you really go in depth in what you're saying.
For edits I think you can get rid of the third stanza and just take those first two lines of it and add it to the previous stanza. Then I would work on the line breaks for the last stanza because it sounds a bit off.
Thank you for sharing!

-Annie

Thank You Annie. You’re right.
It needs to be done in way where that situation calls for swearing and not just unnecessary.
When I typed it the last stanza was actually an afterthought, like a message to help people struggling, so I see it’s unnecessary in the body itself.
Thank You again x

Last edited:

ritudimrinautiyal

Hi J

I too agree with Annie. Here third stanza is converting the really beautiful poetic piece to a normal conversation, or normal expression. So go per her advice, it will definitely make your poem better.

Otherwise I definitely enjoyed it.

Good luck.
Ritu

Jk_Sl

Hi J

I too agree with Annie. Here third stanza is converting the really beautiful poetic piece to a normal conversation, or normal expression. So go per her advice, it will definitely make your poem better.

Otherwise I definitely enjoyed it.

Good luck.
Ritu

Thank You very much Ritu, I had initially left it out but put it in as an afterthought. X
You too x