Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Kaitlyn Langstaff (2 Viewers)

dixiechick

Kaitlyn Langstaff is one of my favorite poets. She was 8 years old when she suffered from a rare drug reaction that left her unable to see, walk, talk without a special device, or even breathe withput a ventilator. Her poems inspired many people, including me. One of her poems, "I am the same inside" was even turned into a songby the band Miggs. She is also the inspiration for a song I wrote, "Rainbow", which is viewable in the "Lyrics" section of this forum. Sadly, Kaitlyn passed away on december 17, 2003, after 20 months of illness.You can read more of her poetry at http://kaitlynlangstaff.org

here is her most famous poem, "I am the same inside"

I am the same inside,
As some people can see.
But some people think I’m weird
Because they don’t look inside of me.

I am the same inside.
That’s what I want people to know.
So I’m going to start
Letting it show.

I am the same inside.
I’m not dumb in any way.
I just want to be like