Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Just wished to smile and say hello (1 Viewer)

4him4her4you

As you can see my username is 4him4her4you

I wanted to introduce myself as I hope to use your forum over the next number of years to improve my writing, gain inspiration and possibly even meet some new interesting people.

I am rewriting a piece of work I wrote 2 years ago. When first written only a select few had read and it brought tears to one person however I believe that to happen as they knew me but I also like to think it may have brought back her own memories of a similar situation. I am interested in sharing that piece of writing, if people wish to read it that would please me.

The short story itself is roughly 3500words long and is an account of a period in my own life which I hope I have documented to be of interesting reading. Even though it is mostly of truth I would still class it to be of non-fictional substance, its a fine line, but thats how I would class it. The reason I speak about this single piece is I am unsure where to place it. I believe it to be a short story but at 3500words is that too large to go into the short story category?

About myself, I am a Scottish man who likes to travel. I am a trained Filmmaker and work alot within community arts. In February I intend to rent a cottage by Loch Ness for 3months and work on my writing, more script writing but I would hope to have some short stories to show for my time as well. At least a basis to work on.

Many thanks for reading my introduction and I hope to get to know many of you.

Have a lovely day

4him4her4you

Last edited by a moderator:

Nickie

WF Veterans
Let me be the first to welcome you to Writing Forums, 4him4her4you! Hope you'll like it here!

Nickie

Hey and nice to meet you. I think travel is good for stimulating the senses, and Loch Ness...yeah, that sounds like a pretty fine place to start writing. Apart from what you can find scattered around the site (which I've found helpful by itself), you'll have to follow Unspoken Rule #1 - Critique and thou shall be critiqued...or something. Anyway, welcome ^^'

4him4her4you

Thank you very much to you all for the lovely welcome.

It would certainly make sense that a new person should read the work of others first. Earlier today I had read some short stories before joining. I'll certainly go back and give my opinion, I don't feel I am of any standard to criticize but I guess everyones opinions are merely one man or womans single opinion. I hope people do the same for me.

Thanks again :)

mi is happy

Good Evening. I welcome you to the forum. I look forward to reading your peice. I hope you enjoy it on here.