Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Just Who AM I? (1 Viewer)

StarDog2

StarDog2, I named myself after my motorcycle. Retired DBA, I'm into photography and ran a photography blog for a while until it started to become a job. Then I got interested in writing Science Fiction. So far, it's been hard work, but it definitely is NOT a job. Not a paying job anyway! I'm good looking, and I like soup. I REALLY like soup.

NajaNoir

Good looking and you like soup, well that covers just about everything, doesn't it? :)
I like soup too, Carrot ginger is by far the best.

Welcome to the forums. Hope to see you around.

TheMightyAz

Staff member
Mentor
Welcome to the forum, StarDog2. It's good that I share something in common with you but my favourite food is bacon.

StarDog2

Good looking and you like soup, well that covers just about everything, doesn't it? :)
I like soup too, Carrot ginger is by far the best.

Welcome to the forums. Hope to see you around.
Cream of Mushroom, is my "goto" Winter fare. Though a restaurant chain near me offers a Butternut squash soup that is surprisingly good.

Steve_Rivers

Welcome to the forums Stardog! I'm really glad you explained the name because I was instantly worried for whatever happened to Stardog 1. As if the response was going to be "sigh We don't talk about him anymore." :)

Pea and Ham soup is my favourite. Although you can't beat a really good carrot and coriander.

Are you just writing whatever takes your fancy with Scifi, or are you working on a specific project? I'm nosy you see, I stick my nose into everyone's soup. :D

StarDog2

Welcome to the forums Stardog! I'm really glad you explained the name because I was instantly worried for whatever happened to Stardog 1. As if the response was going to be "sigh We don't talk about him anymore." :)

Pea and Ham soup is my favourite. Although you can't beat a really good carrot and coriander.

Are you just writing whatever takes your fancy with Scifi, or are you working on a specific project? I'm nosy you see, I stick my nose into everyone's soup. :D
We DON'T talk about StarDog1, not if we know what's good for us! :)

Carrot and coriander, sounds interesting.

The 'project' is specific at this point. But I keep paring it back. It seems unfocussed, and too. . .ambitious. I want to say too much too soon.

Taylor

Staff member
Global Moderator
Retired CPA here. I googled DBA and got a few answers. There's a lot to be said about those three letters. Oh, and my favourite soup is lentil.

Welcome to the forum!

Foxee

Patron
Patron
I don't have an instant answer to what a DBA is but I am guessing a Data Bank Astronaut which should be very interesting to hear about. Unless it's a Delta Brigadier Accountant which brings some badassery to auditing and tax prep.

I like a nice New England clam chowder and wedding soup another favorite. Intrigued by some of the soup choices so far, I would like to try the carrot and ginger.

Delighted to have you here, StarDog2!

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
<Indy hears dog whistle> Motorcycle? Motorcycle? Cool.
I've been riding for decades, currently ride Indians - a 2014 Vintage and a 2016 Springfield. I've traveled through out the USA and western Canada on them.
What do you ride?