Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Just Joined (1 Viewer)

RachelR

Hi, everyone! I’m looking for a new place to hang out, since the forums I used to hang out in are essentially defunct. I write YA fantasy, though I’m still working to get my writing to a publishable state. Love fantasy, horror, and mystery stories, and according to my TBR pile, I will buy anything that’s marketed as “for fans of The Westing Game” or “for fans of Shirley Jackson.”

Darren White

co-owner and admin
Staff member
Co-Owner
Hi, everyone! I’m looking for a new place to hang out, since the forums I used to hang out in are essentially defunct. I write YA fantasy, though I’m still working to get my writing to a publishable state. Love fantasy, horror, and mystery stories, and according to my TBR pile, I will buy anything that’s marketed as “for fans of The Westing Game” or “for fans of Shirley Jackson.”
Welcome Rachel,
you're the first to join our completely renewed forum :)

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Hi Rachel and welcome to our community. We have members who are interested in your preferred genre so you've come to the right place. We are a friendly group so if you need any help just ask. If you want to share any short stories why not post them to our Fiction Showcase or if you have any writing-related questions why not dive into the Writing Discussion forum?

Steve_Rivers

Yeah, you're in the same boat as the rest of us, Rachel. We're all looking around goggle-eyed going "Guh... whas this button do?" presses "D'oh!"
😂

o m g... ALL THE NEW SMILIES!

Not that I get excited by such mundane and trivial things... coughs

Welcome to the forums!

RachelR

They were green. That's why you'll probably at some point hear some of us refer to WF as 'The old green girl' or similar. You've kind of got the advantage that all that's new to us will seem normal to you!
I have to admit, that was my first thought. At least my “what does this button do? Lemme click it and find out” approach to new technology won’t put me at a disadvantage. :)

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
Yeah, you're in the same boat as the rest of us, Rachel. We're all looking around goggle-eyed going "Guh... whas this button do?" presses "D'oh!"
😂

o m g... ALL THE NEW SMILIES!

Not that I get excited by such mundane and trivial things... coughs

Welcome to the forums!
Your security clearance to NORAD - and the nuclear missile launch buttons is hereby revoked.