Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Just foolin' around. (1 Viewer)

Torus34

[Newbie poetry post # 5.]

If poetry had to be deep and deal with the essence of life and other weighty matters all the time to be worth reading, we would never have been blessed with such delights as Ogden's gnashery. His plays with words, twisting this way and that, stand as testimony to a gentle and fun-loving side of the nature of h. sapiens. Just fiddling around with words is a worthwhile past-time, I'm a-thinkin;.

Telepaths

Some claim to see what I can’t see.
How it’s done’s a mystery.
Then there’s folks of ‘nother kind
Called telepaths. They read your mind.

Now, ‘fore you go and get upset
‘Bout people whom you haven’t met
Knowing your most secret thought,
You may get all distraught for naught.

‘Cause there’s a benefit I’ve found
To having mind readers around.
You see, when you begin to twitch
‘Cause on your back’s a patch to scritch,
A telepath don’t need no snitch.
He’ll scratch precisely where you itch!

Regards,

Jim

Darkkin

WF Veterans
Just a heads up. Netiquette rule of thumb on the creative forums (workshop/showcase) is 2 posts/24 hours. Anything over that is forum flooding...

Torus34

Just a heads up. Netiquette rule of thumb on the creative forums (workshop/showcase) is 2 posts/24 hours. Anything over that is forum flooding...

Hi!

And thank you! To balance the books, I'll wait three days before posting again.

Best to you and yours!

Jim

Darkkin

WF Veterans
Wander around a little, say hello, offer an opinion...get to know the forums and its folks. They're a good bunch.

Last edited: