Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Jolt (1 Viewer)

Otviss

I

A train through the countryside

Plague

The longer we go with

Bitter nostalgia

As tears not stopping

Gasoline keeps burning

Up the Hawks nest

Exciting

How exciting

Excitement for

Humanity

Is just a blanket of magic

Like grafitti

For me

And you

As we

Forget

The times

Of victory

jenthepen

Staff member
Mentor
I like the way this poem seems to echo the beat of a speeding train. It feels almost like a dreamy series of thoughts about the pandemic and how life has changed because of it. I don't know if I have interpreted your poem correctly but at least you know how it came across to me. I enjoyed the rhythm and empathise with the way thoughts run through the mind this way. Intereting poem. :)

Welcome to WF, by the way.

Otviss

I like the way this poem seems to echo the beat of a speeding train. It feels almost like a dreamy series of thoughts about the pandemic and how life has changed because of it. I don't know if I have interpreted your poem correctly but at least you know how it came across to me. I enjoyed the rhythm and empathise with the way thoughts run through the mind this way. Intereting poem. :)

Welcome to WF, by the way.

Much appreciated! You can interpret it any way you want :) And thanks!