Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Jennifer Government-A Must Read (1 Viewer)

JK_Wannabe

Jennifer Government is great alternate reality dystopian novel where most corporations have more power than the government, and everyone's last name states who they work for. It's got a (literally) wicked sense of humor to it, as well.

The book is written by Max Barry, who has also written Syrup and Company. Syrup was okay for me and Company was great, but neither one is nearly as amazing as Jennifer Government. He also has created a browser-based game based on the book, which is immensly fun as well. (Clicky!)

I am going to ask for this book for Christmas, if I can stand not owning it that long. :)

I have read Jennifer Government and it is a great read.

Society today is just one step away from what Barry writes about. It is a bit like 1984 in that sense.

Stewart

It was average, as I remember it. A nice dystopian vision with satirical moments let down by a narrative without drive.

Girl in Story

You know, there's a new Max Barry out called Company that I just finished, and it's absolutely incredible. You should definitely pick it up.