Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Jasper Fforde (1 Viewer)

RebelGoddess

I know I've posted on him before, though it was probably over a year ago since I rarely frequent these boards anymore, but he is simply amazing.

Last August I had the opportunity to meet him, and not only is he a creative, insightful, amazing writer, but he's also a fabulous person!

I reccomend every single one of his books to everyone.

Thursday Next series:

1= The Eyre Affair (especially for those who LOVE LOVE LOVE Jane Eyre)
2= Lost in a Good Book
3= The Well of Lost Plots
4= Something Rotten
5= First Among Sequels (Out July 24th US and July 5th UK)

Jack Spratt Nursery Crimes series:

1= The Big Over Easy
2= The Fourth Bear (ever wondered why mama and papa bear slept in seperate beds? How the porridge poured at the same time was a different temp in each bowl?)

Overall, everythign he writes amazes me because is prose is fantasic, his characterization amazing, and he ideas astounding.

I worked in chain bookstores for a year and convinced over 100 people to buy the Eyre Affair.

And let me tell you, not a single one of them who returned to the store complained!

Racheal

P.S.

Check out his website, which he designs himself.... it's user friendly, i.e. designed to be as interesting and amazing as his novels!

www.jasperfforde.com

C

credibleanon

I agree! His books are fantastic and clever. People say I'm crazy for reading books about books, but can you think of a better topic? I think not!