Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

James Herbert (1 Viewer)

2cateyes

I remember hearing somewhere that he writes great horror stories or just good stories in general. Is there any one book in particular written by him that's worth reading? Or a few books?

Manx

James Herbert - Read 'The Fog'. It's probably the best and most well known. I think it was also made into a film, though I could be wrong on that. Also, 'Fluke' is good.

M

MetalDog

Fluke, The Rats and The Survivor are my favourites from him.

I read an awful lot of James Herbert in my early teens, very in your face slasher style for the most part. A jolly good gory time, I remember him very fondly (although my mother would have had a fit if she had known the extent of the sex and death I was reading).

Having said that, Fluke isn't horror at all and The Survivor is quite sedate compared to the mad mayhem in a lot of his early works.

2cateyes

I've heard that Once is good, what kind of reviews would you give it?