Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Jack London. (1 Viewer)

Was he gay?

If you've read The Sea-Wolf you can see where someone might speculate this. I actually think he might have been. I've read some articles where people have suggested that some of behavior towards women might have signified some sort of underlying homosexuality, but I was wondering what you guys thought?

M

maveric

You are typical to-day's kid

If you have ever read author as J.London and had litlle bit study of ideologi of J.London, before all, if you have got some small idea of him, then you are not going around here looking for answer and a company for perversion of you own, which seems hamper you life very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was merely a question not a judgement of him or his character. If you categorize the persual of information about a human being as irrelevant than why do we bother to ask any questions at all? Jeez.

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Was he gay?
Never occurred to me to wonder.

I started reading the Sea-Wolf and was turned off by the brutality of it (which was pretty much the whole point, I think). Struck me as being very philosophical, too. There are other works by Jack London that I enjoyed more...White Fang was the main one.