Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

It's time! (2 Viewers)

valeca

Patron
Yes, it's officially that time of year--NaNoWriMo!

Sign up's begin today (although apparently they aren't quite ready this morning), and writing will start Nov. 1. A reminder for people with accounts from previous years--you will still need to register for 2006.

When the boards open, I'll be setting up the WritingForums.com Team thread again, so don't forget to drop in and let us know you're joining the madness. (I'll be sure to post a link here).

I hope to see a lot of familiar faces from here! If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Good luck to everyone, happy plotting!

aliceedelweiss

I've been waiting for the site to update all day and it hasn't! I'm getting really impatient. It's my first year, and I'm so excited. How many years have you done it, Valeca?

valeca

Patron
3rd year for me, 4th nano novel. I did two the first year...but only 'cause I'm insane.

Yeah, it's hard waiting, but everything should be up and running by midnight tonight (likely before then, though). 42,000 people signed up in 2004, an estimated 55,000 in 2005, so I'd expect there to be a crash or two before things run smoothly in 2006. ;)

aliceedelweiss

hah, a crash or two? They'll probably run out of bandwidth.

I want to do two novels. I have two story ideas, and I can't wait another whole year just to write about the second one!

Hakeem

I have been waiting for the site to update, checking every now and then from university during the long course of the day. It's already October the 2nd at my place...

Raging_Hopeful

Yeah it's 2:20pm on October 1st!! *cries* THE ANTICIPATION! IT KILLS! Maybe they forgot... or got drunk last night. Someone call the President! no wait... he's useless. Quick, someone call someone useful! We need answers!!

No but seriously.

aliceedelweiss

It's still the 1st here, and I check the site like every five minutes (I'm Easily distracted...)

I want it to update really badly.

valeca

Patron
It's open now, ladies and gents! The boards have been cleared; everything looks so...virgin.

Get to signing up!

Last edited:

journyman161

Did that... Is there a WF group from alst year or does it need to be resetup? Had a look the other day & couldn't see it

valeca

Patron
As promised:

The Link To Our Thread

Anti-up.

Edit: In case you want to find the team link on your own, we're listed under Writing Groups and Clubs found about halfway down the main forum page.

Last edited:

valeca

Patron
You have a different siggy over there this year, Blond. I didn't expect it.

Soooo, how is everyone's planning going? Too early to tell? Have oodles of info stored away already?

valeca

Patron
As long as it's just plotting and not the actual writing, no. Actual writing doesn't start until Nov. 1.