Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

It's Officially Here (1 Viewer)

Selorian

Patron
NaNoWriMo 2007 is officially here!

How many people are participating? How many words do you already have?

I got a late start, so I'm just now getting ready to open up Word and get started. I have a general idea of my story, so I'm just going to start writing and see where it leads. Hopefully, at the end I'll have enough of a coherent story to do some editing and potentially have something worth keeping.

Writer Kitten

I didn't get started until about an hour and a half ago (8.15-ish EST) because of kids, and the funny thing called sleep. I've got about 1k already, and am trying to keep my interest on the NaNo project and not on the other thing that's been jumping at me lately. *sigh*

I've switched music, so hopefully that'll help.

Total at the end of the day: 3504. Now on to my other project!

Last edited:

sdavis2k

I have around 2000 total words, though some are just scenes I wrote when I had ideas and have no way how I will fit em into the story.

Voodoo

Didn't even know about this last year and I'm happy to have an excuse to piss out thousands of talentless words everyday and be declared a winner.

Perhaps I'll start now and write about a lot of drugs, sex, and education. or Nigeria, would work for a class project.

playstation60

Any one having trouble with Nanowrimo.org? It's running like crap today. I can't move from page to page without waiting at least 5 minutes for the pages to change. No other website seems to be having this kind of issues.

Anyhow, I didn't start writing until about 630pm (central) and I am about ready to call it a night. It's now 840pm and I need to make dinner and head to bed for work tomorrow. This is my first Nano. This being the first day it has gotten off to a great start, aside from the webpage issues. I've written the minimum, 1666 for the day. So I'm on pace, if nothing else. I think the story will turn out pretty well. We shall see though.

Mallignamius

Well, yeah. First day of NaNoWriMo is going to slow it down. I expect the first few days and the last few to be the busiest there.

I haven't even started yet.

*loads OpenOffice*

Voodoo

This is going poorly.

I may as well be writing a fucking poem.

_

excerpt, if it pleases

_

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]Tell me about the color of feet.[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, monospace][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]What?[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]Tell me about them.[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]They are the same color as the rest of you.[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]No, they're not.[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]It's not, then. They are your feet.[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]What if someone cuts them off?[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]Then they're not yours. But you'd kick them before they were gone.[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]My father had been tired that day, and I had been confused. Earlier, around noon in the sweat of the sky, I had seen another grave dug in the plains. I hadn't a ride, so I passed the time watching the labor of the slaves who would, if in dark serendipity, inhabit their earthen fruit.[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]If they're not mine, whose are they?[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]Whoever cut them off has them.[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]What would I do for feet?[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]You wouldn't do anything.[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]Would you stop them?[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]If I could. I am only a vessel.[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]What if you couldn't?[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, monospace]I'd have to carry you around, I suppose.[/FONT]

Mallignamius

Ha! Well, make it a traditional epic, then. And I must say, that's some interesting reading you've got there!

361 words later, 368 if we include the title and credit, I have mine started. I am so not liking this. But that's part of the experience and I'll continue regardless. It is crap and I have no idea what the story is, but I will go on.

If the Sun Fell

by

me

........This cool day came and went for a reason all its own.
........“Some things have their own reasons.”
........It's been four thousand years since the sky was blue. It's been another eleven thousand since it rained.
........“I used to love dancing in the water. Do you remember?”
........“I remember everything. I remember the feel of grass under my feet. I remember the warm sun on your cheek. I remember the birthdays we had when we were children.”
........“When we were children.”

........The chemical properties of the pebbles that continued their furious plummet to Earth's surface seem evil to the uneducated. And the uneducated were of less value these years. The Chamber may give them weight in some serious matters, but those matters are a rare treat for a people living on hope.
........The man and woman stand before us, with certainty unfamiliar to us. And to us, they look strong, confident, powerful. They are the Guardians. Immortal in only one sense, fragile in all others. But that one sense is all the last of humanity will need. It is a sense beyond description, yet found easily in every mirror. To us, they are nearly gods.

........High above Earth's surface, where sound can not venture, the glow of the Rane substitutes for that once comfortable hum of night sky gazing. Tiny rocks coated with the strange fabric of dust from an event thousands of years ago endlessly light up the sky in a sparkling display of shine and flash. A dust that burns in the atmosphere and protects their payload has ensured a constant barrage of mineral showers, leaving our world forever burying.
........It's what becomes of the dust once inflamed that has given us a kind of magic. While some people can make themselves ignore all the change it brings them, others are torn inside. And the Guardians can feel this deterioration. They know what must be done. And they know what kind of world that will give us. The time of the human is nearly over. The days of memory are almost lost. And the time of charity's place in every heart is about to rest.
........It's a fearful magic.

wmd

I am about a day behind... I didnt get started writing until the second because of a friggin cold.

Right now I have about 2600 words and need to make it 5000 by the end of the day to be back on pace. The nano boards are offline for some reason but now I am spending time here instead of writing...

better get back to work.

abbsinthe

Well this is my first year trying to see what i can do... so far its not going so well. I have about 3600 words so far and about 3000 behind my schedule. My excerpt is the very small bit as follows...

“I am the first,” he claimed.
“The first” she questioned. “What does that mean?”
“You have been chosen,” he told her in a calm voice. Then he rambled, “The time has come. In the day of judgement you will be happy in meeting me. She who dies in my love will be cast into the midst of pleasure and paradise. But she unmindful of me will be thrown into torture, in misery and affliction. My understanding surrounds the truth of things. The universe is lightened by the king. I am the king that magnifies himself. I have made myself known unto you. Hoc est filia nostri rex rgis, hoc est filia lux lucis. Nos dico nominatim, Veronica.”

Last edited:
I'll try it, but no gurantees. I have to fly for a few hours, so I'm bringing along a few journals to help me out since I'll be without computer acces for a week. I hope I can have fun.

X

xcheck24

i am way, way behind. I actually fell asleep writing friday night. I haven't even cracked 2,000 words yet.

and right now I need to unwind after work (yes, I work on Sundays) before my mind will even let me tackle my NaNo project.

L

littleaes

It's my second year participating, and I'm already doing better than I did last year. I started early morning on Wednesday, then lost half my work on Friday somehow. Yet I've somehow managed to pass 7000 words. I'm excited to see how far I can get this year, and if I'll actually have a decent story worth showing someone.