Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

It happened ... (2 Viewers)

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
My Brother passed away... I lost my mom in a wreck some years ago, dad died 14 months later... My husband passed away in 2015... now my brother has passed away... I feel broken beyond repair and it feels like there is not much connecting me to this earth anymore....oh, of course I will go on, because that is what we all do... right? we go on and on and on, trying to figure out this fragile thing we call life...

Jk_Sl

So sorry to hear of your loss, no words can take away how you must be feeling.
Hope you’re ok, if you want to talk just message [emoji17][emoji17][emoji3590][emoji3590]

SueC

Staff member
Senior Mentor
My deepest, heart-felt sorrow for your loss, Fire. Words fail me, but I'm praying for you. You are so strong and everyone you love is taking you in, giving you strength and watching over you. Yes, you will continue on and they will always be there, in your heart - forever.

Pamelyn Casto

WF Veterans
Oh, Firemajic, I feel terrible that you lost your brother. That has to be so painful (as were the losses of others who passed on before your brother). I send my best wishes to you.

Theglasshouse

WF Veterans
I am sorry Firemajic and I wish you feel better. I hope you stay strong mentally and that you feel better emotionally. Stay in contact with the forum. I know you are a good person and I hope you feel better. You have my condolences and always talk about what you feel to your best friends and people you can confide in and trust thusly with feeling better.

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
Thank you all for your kindness and compassion, each message brought more comfort than you can imagine, and you all are the reason that WF is so much more than a writing forum...

I feel guilty for posting my message, there are thousands of people who have lost their loved ones this past year, and grief is a universal emotion, but kindness and compassion are such unselfish , wonderful gifts, a healing salve for a broken spirit... thank you all again, you are so appreciated....

Jk_Sl

Thank you all for your kindness and compassion, each message brought more comfort than you can imagine, and you all are the reason that WF is so much more than a writing forum...

I feel guilty for posting my message, there are thousands of people who have lost their loved ones this past year, and grief is a universal emotion, but kindness and compassion are such unselfish , wonderful gifts, a healing salve for a broken spirit... thank you all again, you are so appreciated....

You’re so very welcome, I hope you’re ok.
Nothing to feel guilty about , I’m here if you need a friend, [emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590]

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
Here's the thing... they dropped him... the people who came to pick up my brother's body... they dropped him... the gurney got stuck in the door, they tilted it to force it out, and as a result... they dropped his body off the gurney, he rolled down 4 steps and landed out into the yard.... we called the morgue and reported it, and they said "because of the high number of deaths due to Covid, they had to hire more drivers and the ones they sent were inexperienced"... it was so traumatic to see his body there... in the yard... a large group of spectators gathered to watch....

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
well, I felt so sorry for the 2 young men, trying to do a job they did not know how to do... it was traumatic for them as well, because they had no idea how to fix the problem...it was quite an ordeal...

Foxee

Patron
Patron
*hugs!* Sorry this happened, Fire, talk about a bad situation finding ways to get worse. Those young men will learn, it's a difficult thing but adversity teaches if they let it. For you, I hope for healing for your grief.

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
I have only just seen this thread, commiserations. Our experiences are unique, in one way yours are tragic, in another they make you the person you are, able to connect and communicate, and bring you goodwill from all over the world from those you have helped. Thank you for being you, take care, and believe. There is always, inevitably, a future. The chances of it being surprising and pleasant are increased by you being who you are, though that may not seem immediate at present.
Lots of love
Best of wishes.