Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

is this solution bad or interesting???? (1 Viewer)

solution is...

• bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • good

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • interesting

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • horrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kunox

I swear I realized coffee is good at good t making me more productive even when I am depressed. same thing with things like ginseng and b12. the down side to each is that I have to stop taking them for them to regain effectiveness because they lose it over time.... but what if I switched them by week.. i.e one or 1-1/2 week coffee.. 1-12 week b12.. and thus o with the ginsing... I am kind of curious to if anyone has tried this to be more energized and productive. just curious.

Theglasshouse

WF Veterans
Coffee used to make me more productive. It boosts mood. However, I stopped it since I am sensitive to caffeine. It drops the magnesium levels in the bloodstream in my case. It makes my heart palpitate quickly. It's as if I have a heart arrhythmia when I take it. I don't recommend it if you suffer from panic attacks. Because stimulants such as coffee make your panic attacks trigger. I'd vote maybe. It depends on your circumstances.

Llyralen

There shouldn’t be any boost from B12. It is just needed for every day functions. You are either deficient (unlikely in your case since you take it as a supplement unless you have close to 0% body fat?) or you have enough to do what your body needs to do.

I would think what you’re doing might have a placebo effect, and the placebo effect is always interesting.

Theglasshouse

WF Veterans
I sort of agree with the comments on b12 not helping for depression in most cases. But maybe it is linked with being a healthier person. Maybe it's good for less brain aging. I would take it even though it did not boost the mood a lot. I take it for improving memory and for the pains I sometimes get. Also, so the brain doesn't age as quickly.

Llyralen

I sort of agree with the comments on b12 not helping for depression in most cases. But maybe it is linked with being a healthier person. Maybe it's good for less brain aging. I would take it even though it did not boost the mood a lot. I take it for improving memory and for the pains I sometimes get. Also, so the brain doesn't age as quickly.
There are foods (high number of fruits veggies and fish) and especially the synergistic effect/ from these combineda lifestyle (Mediterranean diet) that has been proven to prevent dementia, depression, Parkinson’s, etc and reduce all diseases across the board by 13%, but B12 wouldn’t and doesn’t have this effect. There are problems if there is a deficiency. Extra is stored.

Last edited:

Theglasshouse

WF Veterans
Large doses of B-complex vitamins could reduce the rate of brain shrinkage by half in elderly people with memory problems and slow the progression of dementia.

It also helps improve the mood because of dopamine which is needed to help to regulate mood.

Prevents mental decline​

A diet that includes vitamin B complex helps boost mental health, while a deficiency could negatively influence your mental function, causing cognitive impairment and dementia. The three vitamin types that help to avoid a mental decline are B6, B12, and B9 (folic acid). In fact, these vitamins can also prevent Alzheimer’s disease.

vitamin B for brain health
Vitamin B can prevent brain ageing. Image courtesy: Shutterstock

2. Keeps mental disorders at bay​

The brain is a highly complex structure and needs constant maintenance. Vitamin B12 is a key component to protect your brain. Its deficiency may lead to mental disorders like brain atrophy, brain shrinkage, depression, confusion, and schizophrenia. But you can avoid these conditions by taking vitamin B12 supplements.

3. Provides energy​

Multiple B vitamins, including thiamine, riboflavin, and pantothenic acid play a crucial role in the cellular metabolic processes that turn the food you eat into glucose. This gives energy, while vitamin B12 (cobalamin) helps promote the development of red blood cells that carry oxygen to the brain.

It is one of the most important vitamins that you need to consume to keep your brain healthy! Image courtesy: Shutterstock

4. Acts as a dopamine booster​

Dopamine is a type of neurotransmitter. The brain’s function relies on the proper functioning of the neurotransmitter. Your body makes it and the nervous system uses it to send messages between nerve cells. Neurotransmitters are produced within our nervous system via the interaction of various chemicals, including several B vitamins. This helps to ensure your brain’s well-being.

5. Improves your memory​

B vitamins play a key role in ensuring that the brain achieves its full potential. It helps maintain healthy nerve cells and red blood cells. Enough supply of vitamin B in your body can improve memory and help to sharpen your cells.

B group vitamins keep your brain sharp and healthy! Image courtesy: Shutterstock

6. Detoxifies your blood​

Vitamin B12, B6, and B9 all help to prevent long-term damage to brain tissues. These vitamins are needed to make red blood cells that carry oxygen to all parts of your body, including the brain. What’s more, they ensure your brain stays energized and focused.

Now you know why B group vitamins are vital for normal brain development. So, make sure to include these foods in your diet!

kunox

There shouldn’t be any boost from B12. It is just needed for every day functions. You are either deficient (unlikely in your case since you take it as a supplement unless you have close to 0% body fat?) or you have enough to do what your body needs to do.

I would think what you’re doing might have a placebo effect, and the placebo effect is always interesting.
I kind of agree but an affect still is an effect despite it being psychosomatic. It may be mood and no energy at the same time though.

kunox

The point is i am trying to offset the effect that make you need to take more and more for the same effectiveness. I am just experimenting to see if it works.

kunox

Thinking about starting a channel just to motivate me with videos for let's clean and let's write and other stuff. lol. the idea is to have the same effect as the group home had on me motivation wise.

kunox

So I felt horrible... Was unable to get up... but I took some b3 and now I am super motivated... i will sort out what this may mean later.. now is house cleaning time at midnight for some reason..???

Lawless

So I felt horrible... Was unable to get up... but I took some b3 and now I am super motivated [---] now is house cleaning time at midnight for some reason..???
You felt horrible and couldn't get up at midnight? That's too bad.

Jokes aside, I'd suggest you start working on your underlying problems instead on relying on coffee and such forever. Vitamins are great, but not all your problems are necessarily biochemical. Doing ba duan jin every day would be the best start with possible physical problems (simple and doesn't take too much time), perhaps The Work by Byron Katie for the psychological issues, and Emotional Freedom Technique is a combination of the two (never mind their incessant suggestions you have to buy some videos; the free technique on their website is all you need). That's just off the top of my head. Assuming you're struggling to get motivated to write, is it more like wanting to write but not having ideas, or is it more like doubting if the result will turn out any good, or is it like your eyes beginning to fall shut when you look at the keyboard?

kunox

It is not just writing...it's literally not being able to do even the smallest thing at all... on a good day I get a small bit of anything done.. a okay day I may be able to watch youtube... otherwise I just lay in bed and can't get myself out of it... possI left reason is depression. It's not that I don't want to do anything,,, is can't even do anything.. even simple things like 50 steps walking.. I just try to force myself to action with no luck... no clue why... I know I do need to know the reason to fix the problem. I am not sure what it is. I got some reading and CLEANING done tonight though. Ty for helping ether way.

kunox

Let's just say it this way,,.. I have tried a hole bunch of coping mechanisms and techniques. I have to switch themy up but they lose effect over time,.,, so far this is the only thing I have done with some regular results. Otherwise everything is have learned to help me has a shelf life and every now and then works again. I will not stop looking for ways to recover from my illness though.

kunox

Last thing on this... I will have motivation burst for no real apprent reason but they lock me on a random task in which I will be unable to do anything else even if I wanted to. I am to to learmake to manage these to extremes. I got almost six chapters reread tonight. I wrote 4 to 5ish pages in the last 11 hours so today wasn't an entire loss.
edit: I guess you can say one of my goals is to be a famouse author but until I get myself to motivate no mater how depressed I am.. that will not happen...

Last edited:

Theglasshouse

WF Veterans
I agree. Try to get a Netflix account if you have money for one or crunchyroll. I think lawless gave a good opinion in that you need therapy. I think you said you have a support group. Nami gives free therapy in every state for free. But it is up to you. Consult with doctor if in doubt.

Right now I will find a good series on the world wars. Because boredom can impact my mood negatively.

I recommend the railway man because for me it is a classic.

Last edited:

Theglasshouse

WF Veterans
You can also record movies, documentaries on a dvr. Which means you if you have a cable box and movie channels that you could record movies that play on a certain day ( search for a movie and hit record on the day and channel the movie and time). Most cable companies provide one which is for free which is the same as a tivo ( look up). Don't confine yourself to doing only what is on the computer. Right now I am feeding the senses with a movie. I intentionally do this to elevate my mood. I might even use some material for a story. I bought that book on visual media and I am putting it to use.

Last edited:

kunox

That is one of my problems. 90 percent of what I got to do is on one pc or the other.. it is not that I don't have other things to do. It is just a percentage of my stuff. Heck I got Netflix but I need some unplugged time. I am not sure how to get it though without spending money I barely have. Ty for the advice though.

Theglasshouse

WF Veterans
Maybe your family can share a Netflix account. Most everyone in both my extended and immediate family has it. Tell them if you have a smart tv or if you decide to use the computer to add one of the two devices. That is one way of getting Netflix for free. Yes limit your use of computers. Try different recreational activities.

kunox

Like I said.. I got Netflix... lol. .. I need more non computer activities... I was doing research on them but reached a stable mate on that front for now.