Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Is there an app for this? (1 Viewer)

roadscribe

Friends of WF
Good afternoon! Anyone know if there's an app for the writing forums? Would like to follow on my phone during the day while out and about. I'm not tech savvy, so sorry if this is a silly question.

Reactions: PiP

bdcharles

Wɾ¡ʇ¡∩9
Staff member
Media Manager
Tapatalk used to work for it, I believe. Not sure if it still does since the site move though.

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Good afternoon! Anyone know if there's an app for the writing forums? Would like to follow on my phone during the day while out and about. I'm not tech savvy, so sorry if this is a silly question.
Good question

I asked our technical admin and his reply:

Xenforo uses PWA which is Progressive Web App.

Android should prompt the user to add it to the device when visiting the site on mobile. On iOS users will have to visit the site URL within Safari and then manually press the Share, then tap on “Add to Home Screen”.

Then it will act like an app.

Any further questions please ask :)

Darren White

co-owner and admin
Staff member
Co-Owner
As PiP says.

Furthermore, no Tapatalk, because it is not needed. Open the webpage in your browser, it will automatically scale to mobile format. Quite a cool thing to happen.