Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Irvine Welsh and Trainspotting (1 Viewer)

strangedaze

I just thought I'd share how much I love this guy and how terminally swank Trainspotting is. I usually hate wanton showcases of vernacular, but this...this is something different.

If you like Irvine, try Laura Hird. Discuss!

strangedaze

Can't say that I have, Connor, but I think I will now.

As an aside, I found Acid House, a collection of Welsh's short stories, at a used bookstore and decided to buy it over Requiem for a Dream. So far the stories are decent, typical Welsh, with ups and downs, but I by no means regret buying it. Maybe next time I go I'll pick up some Selby. Love that fucker, too.

Rock on.

epone

Filth is a fabulous book - I highly recommend it. Very unusual worm scene in it!

Glue on the other hand was too difficult (or slow) for me to read - too much vernacular used for a non-local like me to read with natural ease. Trainspotting and Prono were perfect.