Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Introduction (1 Viewer)

CarolFa

Hello everyone, I'm very new at this even though I'm a senior. I'm a french Acadian from New Brunswick Canada. I found my new love in poems. I've been told I have a gift in writing whether it's a speech, poem, letters to politicians. I've always wanted to take a bigger bite off this poetic menu. I'm very timid about joining but really want to learn and do better. I have a lot of anger residing in me and not enough stamina to correct the wrong.
By creating poems
expressing emotions
words together
releasing
encouraging
fighting
seeking
This is how I will continue to fight
in a loving manner
without a banner

Looking forward to this journey.

Last edited:

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
Hello and welcome to WF ;)
Thank you for sharing your lovely poem, you write about loss and grief so eloquently, and that is something we all can relate to... I started writing poetry at a very young age and doing so probably saved my life. I was unable to speak of my abuse, so I wrote it down, in poetry form, because my GrandMam read poetry to me... It took years before I found a safe place to share my poems, and I found that safe place here, at WF... I hope you continue to write and share your poetry and I hope you always find comfort writing.... HUGS* stay strong....

NajaNoir

Hi,
Welcome to the forums. :)

It is good that you have found an outlet for your grief. I hope you continue using it as such and that in turn, it reaches others. You ended with, "together we can board the ship" that is a wise and very true statement. I look forward to reading more.

KatPC

Hi @CarolFa

That was soft, beautiful and telling. There was such grace and flow that it made it very moving.
Welcome to the Forum and Thank you for that lovely piece.

CarolFa

Hi,
Welcome to the forums. :)

It is good that you have found an outlet for your grief. I hope you continue using it as such and that in turn, it reaches others. You ended with, "together we can board the ship" that is a wise and very true statement. I look forward to reading more.

CarolFa

Thank you, my hopes are precisely that. I've only started to write poems and my husband is already saying: "Shut the poem off" instead of shut the phone off when going to bed. I hope to relieve many emotions in writing and hopefully I can create some funny ones as well.