Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Introducing myself to this Forum (1 Viewer)

dougj

Hi, I'm dougj.
I live in Australia. I write stories and poems. I'm a father and grandfather, an avid cook, vegetable gardener and incurable punster, as well as an occasional stand-up comedian. I've had over 30 jobs (including rock band roadie) and have lived in many places across Australia, including regional and remote communities. I have travelled extensively, especially in Asia, the US and UK. I'm a recovering social worker and former not-for-profit CEO. I've had my work included in several anthologies. My aim is to surprise, challenge and amuse.

petergrimes

Hi dougj - alright mate. Welcome to the forum. Interesting experiences you've had. Look forwards to seeing what thee write. All the best, PG

jenthepen

Staff member
Mentor
Love the humour lurking behind your words, Dougj. 'A recovering social worker' is a phrase that speaks vomes. :) I'm looking forward to seeing some of your stories and poems very soon.

Good to have you here - it looks like you have a lot to offer.

jen