Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Introducing myself, cause the message said to. =P (1 Viewer)

Quaq

Hey, I found this forum after searching for a place forum for writers on google. First hit and I found this place, not bad, neh? So I'm Quaq, or Des (my nickname) whichever, I'll answer to both. I'm a younger writer, but I feel I have a bit of talent in it that I'd like to develope. I write mostly fiction, though I have dabbled in poetry as well. I would love to one day persue a career in editting, so I would love to practice on you guys. Oh, and I use a spell checker for my writings, but there are always words it doesn't catch, and I'll be honest; I can't spell to save my soul. I also tend to write run-on sentences, sorry if that bugs you. So ya, feel free to ask questions, or whatever, or send a message thing if you wanna talk, I'd be glad to meet other writers too. =)

BlackWolf

Welcome, Quaq. Editing is one t. I apologise if that was rude, but how else will you learn? And you do rather need to know how to spell to be an editor, unless your clever plan is to run other people's work through a spell-checker.

Two hundred, on the dot.

Quaq

Welcome, Quaq. Editing is one t. I apologise if that was rude, but how else will you learn? And you do rather need to know how to spell to be an editor, unless your clever plan is to run other people's work through a spell-checker.

Two hundred, on the dot.

Lol, don't crush my childhood dreams!

And what's wrong with running it through a spell checker? There's always a dictionary if all else fails. Technology is my friend when it comes to getting around a spelling deficiency*.

*Credit for the spelling of this word goes to Dictionary.com

Lost in Some Story

And what's wrong with running it through a spell checker? There's always a dictionary if all else fails. Technology is my friend when it comes to getting around a spelling deficiency*.

*Credit for the spelling of this word goes to Dictionary.com

Well, someone needs to know how to spell in order to program that technology, don't they?

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on inspiring a debate in your first post.

Lost

Shariel

Mushi mushi! Glad you can join the forum. =) Looking forward to reading some of your works sometime soon.

Quaq

Well, someone needs to know how to spell in order to program that technology, don't they?

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on inspiring a debate in your first post.

Lost

That is true, but they're just taking their spelling from the original people who decided once and for all how to spell things.

And thanks, I aim to please. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread