Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Introducing me (1 Viewer)

N

nvoll

Hi everyone,
Ive been told I have potential to write well, its juts my grammar and spelling that sucks majorly.
So hopefully this forum and its memebers can help me along on my way.
Seeing as this is an introduction i might put some quick facts:
I have just recently completed my HSC
Im 18 in a month and a bit I'm an Australian Male whos in love with fantasy. Since I was first introduced to the wonderful world of books its common place to see me reading or writing something.
I love to cook, especially honey chicken stir fry and mushroom and steak pie.
I'm also into art. Actually the majority of my stories have started off being a scene I've drawn or painted.
Ummm, I think thats enough.

Nvoll

D

Dr. Malone

Welcome buddy. I see you posted a story already. I'll go check it out.
I love to cook and eat. Both the things you mentioned sound delicious. Mushroom/steak pie. Is that just mushrooms and steak in a pie crust with some gravy? I'd like to try an Aussie recipe.

N

nvoll

Welcome buddy. I see you posted a story already. I'll go check it out.
I love to cook and eat. Both the things you mentioned sound delicious. Mushroom/steak pie. Is that just mushrooms and steak in a pie crust with some gravy? I'd like to try an Aussie recipe.

Hi Malone
I dont think the recipe is exclusively australian, but yeah its basicaly fried bacon, onion, and mushroom with a layer of steak seasoned with flour pepper and paprika inbetween then doused with beef stock and optional red wine all in a pie crust. If you want something Aussie try BBQ beer can chicken (personally i dont like it but it is aussie well if you live in the bush anyway)

D

Dr. Malone

Hehe. I'm from Georgia (USA) and we think beer butt chicken is our recipe. I cook it all the time. Thanks for the tip.