Writingforums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Introduce Yourself (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

speed_addiction

I am Nato, my username, speed_addiction comes from my love of riding and racing motorcycles. I am 49 years old and I have written since high school. Just have not published anything. This seems like a good place to get me past me past that hurdle.

T

Tstark

Just a little bit of me...

I wouldn't call myself a writer at all times, I just mainly use it as a way to express myself, but doesn't everyone. At times I'm very literal, and I speak and write the way I want. I plan on posting forums regularly on this site. So hello, and I look forward to sharing my future posts with all of you.

Clayman

hey everybody

My name is Shawn and I enjoy writing a lot, it seems to be one of my greatest passions. I am more of a freestyle poet and maybe you will enjoy some of my works, I am looking to positively contribute and receive feedback on my works aswell, hope to meet a lot of good people here.

L

ladyroni

Full filling a promise

When I was young, I use to write all the time. I stopped writing for various reasons, but starting again has been a freeing experience. It's something I should have been doing for a long time. I have fullfilled a promise by starting to write again. So I am seeking places of encouragment and discover to place my writing for now.

Roni

D

DiZ

Well hello there, my name's Andreea and I'm a 20 year old student from Romania. I study economics and international relations in Bucharest and don't really wish to follow a path in life with this, more in advertising and marketing. I began writing little over 5 years ago and I think that my first text was a fanfiction, can't remember for sure. Anyway, I kept on writing and created my own characters (which I am quite proud of, as any writer should be). My first original character was Pjerrot Wagner so I guess that's why I am quite attached to him, out of all the characters I have.
I found this forum while I was looking for some writing tips on Google, and joined because I want to recieve some critic and advice on my writing.
That's all there is to know about me, so I bid you farewell for now.

X

Xiphoz

Hey All

Hi,

Names Adam and I can't remember the last time I wrote anything other than an essay for college. With that being said, something recently sparked an interest in it again and I have begun a few different writing projects.

Hopefully, this will not be something that fades quickly and I will keep with it.

S

skunkhaus

Hello, and merry Christmas from East Africa.

I come from a family of writers, journalists, and editors, and I write political reports for a living, but I've always secretly wanted to let my freak flag fly and write a vampire novel. Not just any vampire novel, though--I'm envisioning a smart, literature-quality vampire novel that makes no apologies for a protagonist who eats people.

What stands in my way: I have never tried to write fiction before. I've never written a report over 10 pages long. I've certainly never tried to deal with the supernatural in a literary sense.

Believe me, I know how hard it must be to write a good vampire novel, judging from the quality of stuff that's no the market right now. Nonetheless, I am holding out the hope that, with the support I find here, I can hone my work into something pleasant, readable, and meaningful. I mean, if I can make a readable report about the activities of some third-rate opposition party in some backwater town in Sub-Saharan Africa, certainly I can write an interesting book about a vampire, right?

All I have right now are snippets and ideas. I hope y'all don't calling me silly for having a dream.

Y

Yorkiesrpeople2

Hi I am Phyllis and I write children's books I have a book being reviewed right now by Ellen Degeneres Who knows where that will go. Does anyone here have connections to a children's publisher. I have no idea I have 3 children's books written but I have never went ahead and published them due to not knowing which publishing companies to trust. I have had 3 contracts sent to me but I am so scared of getting ripped off. Anyone else had this issue. When your knew you have read some pretty gruesome things about publishing companies. Well thanks and nice visiting you. I live in the midwest of USA Yorkiesrpeople2

Last edited by a moderator:

Gumby

Staff member
Co-Owner
Hi skunkhaus! Lots of freak flags flying here, just join in! Welcome aboard.

Welcome Phyllis! You may find some here who can help you with guidance. Good luck!

steph

Well, if I was a robot, that'd be pretty cool. But I'm not, oh well. I haven't creatively written since I was about 10 years old. I've studied journalism and English literature for four years. Having studied English literature, I worry that my standards are too high and anything I write will not meet those standards. I guess we'll see what happens.
I also was the editor of the college newspaper, and now I'm teaching English as a foreign language. Oh yea, I'm 23 years old. That's all for now.

MeeQ

don't read anything i write then... i hate standards; in the king's English department.

southerner

Intro

I'm a geezer from Bama, a grad of the U of A (Roll Tide), have a twenty-seven-year-old son. Took up lyric writing 4 years ago. Then decided to try writing a novel. Have learned many of the rudiments of lyric writing, but know almost zilch about fiction writing...heck, I don't even read it. I have 'completed' a 325 page fiction novel that I would love to get feedback on before I waste time & $$$ sending it to publishers. Thanks.

S

sabrina_dawn

New Adventure

Hello. I am embarking on a bit of a writing voyage in 2010 and am new to any type of online "forum". Hopefully, a great deal of inspiration lies ahead...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread