Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Introduce Yourself (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JAIDS88

I'm not a robot. I'm JAIDS.

[edit: is this an active website? be honest..]

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sangie

Hello all. I have just joined this forum. I hope it is what I am looking for.
I just started writing my first book and I want to write the rest of it on this site so I can get good and honest opinions form people that know what they are doing.

R

Rov K.

Hello

"Just making sure you aren't a robot..." Boy, this got me thinking. What if I am?

Or what would it take for someone to post in a robots-only forum?

Please calculate 345346*7787878^2 in 0,000001 sec. Just making sure you ARE a robot.

No, I am no robot. Not sure about you guys though. Hmmm... Anyway, struggling to write a novel here as usual. Glad to be here, seems like a nice forum :)

F

Fast Train

Hello

Hello everyone,

I am not experienced at writing, but am eager to learn more. I welcome any and all critiques. I prefer honest opinions, no matter how brutal they may be (I hope that I'm not that bad). Glad to be here.

S

sabrriiiina

Hi!

Hello everyone.
I'm Sabrina. I'm 17 years old.
I used to love to write. Honestly, it isn't my dream anymore. When I do write though, like really get into it. I like to believe I am good. I might not be. That is why I am here. I am here to write, and get critique; good and bad.

That's all for now.
-Sabrina

S

sabrriiiina

Hi!

Hello everyone.

I'm Sabrina. I'm 17 years old.
I used to love to write. Honestly, it isn't my dream anymore. When I do write though, like really get into it. I like to believe I am good. I might not be. That is why I am here. I am here to write, and get critique; good and bad.

That's all for now.
-Sabrina

I

ihaveastory

harder to intro than write my book

I'm writing the story of my life, because I feel everyone has a story to tell and mine is a particularly humorous and eventful one. I have never written for publication in the past, and welcome all to critique at will. If you have ever read or heard David Sedaris, he and I were seperated at birth, but somehow enjoyed an equally entertaining life. I have often thoguht myself as Gods personal court jestor, here on earth for the pleasure and enjoyment of those that watch from above.

I

ihaveastory

Hi,
Im writing the story that is my life. It sounds like onsuchthings might be an outlet for me. The general gist of my writing is humorous in nature. I have no idea why but funny things happen around me constantly. These stories or events I feel are an inspiration that there are very good things that happen to us as humans and that all is not as bad as it seems in the moment in which we live. e-mail me back if you think I might be of some interest to your site. Thanks!

M

Mr Seeker

Hey, I'm Seeker. I'm from England, and I'm most interested in sci-fi writing, though I will read all kinds of books - crime, fantasy, sci-fi, horror, whatever.

I'm here to share my work and offer any constructive critique that I may be able, though I am not too confident offering anything more than opinions or praise on other people work.

J

JFreese

I can see I'm the first to post an intro in some time so here is everything to know about me: My name is Johnny, I'm 27, I've always loved to write and have been told I am good at it, and I want to know if there's a future in it for me (not necissarily an awarding furture, just a publishable one). I have several short stories that are open to public criticism and I'm never opposed to any suggestions. My writing is fiction, I suppose drame suites best, and I tend to look at the glass as half-empty so the final product is always dark. Enjoy my work and don't be shy of brutal honesty. Thanks.

Like a Fox

WF Veterans
Jfreese - Welcome. Definitely get to posting some work, it's been a bit slow in the Writer's Workshop. And for the best reception, I recommend taking the time to critique the work of others.

Hey Susan. welcome. You're exactly what we need around here - fresh blood- so I hope you hang about and get to know us (we may seem petty, but there's some undercurrents of love happening, sort of :p)

K

kendricktamis

Hello everyone
My name is kendric and i am new to this site. I have been watching this site for last five days at my friend's home. I have found here some interesting forums and that's interest brought me in this site. I hope i will gain knowledge by surfing this site.

Hi everybody. Nothing robotic about me either. I'm a part-time novelist who self-published my first novel a few years ago and am currently working on my second. Maybe I can learn something around here! ;)

Hiya everyone
You may think me cheeky for joining up here as I'm no good at writing at all as you will come to see in time...
I am on the other hand a very keen reader so I figured writers need readers and readers need writers so we should all be together...

Last edited:

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
Absolutely, writing if there were no readers would be a truly pointless exercise. Also a large part of the point of this place is to improve our writing, what would be the point if you were a perfect writer already, that would simply be showing off and you would be better off doing that through a publisher.
Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy it.

B

BZWingZero

I'm another new person to the forum. Decided I needed to write more as a new year's resolution and realized I actually needed to get started on that. I'm an avid reader, mostly sci-fi, and wanted to try my hand at crafting some of my own.

I'm currently a student studying to become a [slightly cliche] rocket scientist.

Halloo! I decided to sign on because I am a big believer in workshopping. It is vitally important to the writing process to get honest feedback from knowledgeable people. I work as an editor of books, mainly fiction, but I do the odd bit of writing as well. I am hoping to establish a mutually beneficial experience, and get a feel for what may be the up and coming contemporary literature. I'm fairly young, and I really enjoy discussing literature and poetry of all types, shapes, and sizes. I try to be as objective as possible, and never say things like "I just don't like that." because I feel that sort of commentary is counterproductive. So, that was a little bit (and more) about me. Posting, commence!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread