Writingforums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Introduce Yourself (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

roger

I’ve bounced around colleges when I was younger. I finally settled on Fine Arts, at least for a more sustained length of time. As a result, my education is pretty diverse: fine art, literature, philosophy, psychology, history, etc. The list demonstrates an ADD personality, I think.

I attended college in the sixties for the most part. It was a time when things in general were nuts and I tried my best to be a shining star of the strange. Unfortunately being strange lost its luster by the mid-seventies. Subsequent therapy helped me sort out the more annoying behavior at least to the extent people tolerate me now.

Words have become my passion. I love the modernists and postmodernists writers most, and I think Joyce is the most rewarding among them for me.

Over the years, my short stories and poems have been published in various college literary magazines. I was awarded the English Department Award for Literary Merit for my short stories and the Sheaf Literary Award for my poetry. I have written numerous technical manuals for the IT industry, as well as lectured across the United States, the Middle East, Europe and Asia. I am not nearly as dry as all of this seems to make me. I am noted for being a humorous speaker.

“From an Otherwise Comfortable Room” is my first (maybe the last if the next effort is as hard as this one). I’ll let you be the judge regarding its value.

I’m sure this is more than you care to know so I’ll stop.

S

suszytt

mom finally has time for writing

I am a mother of three, a daughter, 23, a son in the air force, 21, and a son who is a senior in high school. I finally have some time to myself where i can write all about the past 52 years of life's experiences.
I have been writing for searchwarp for the past 2 years, and have been made site manager for a free, inspirational site of hope. if there is anyone who would like to submit a story of inspiration, please visit onsuchthings.com
we would love to hear from you.
with so much going wrong in this world of ours, it's nice to read about something inspirational and filled with hope.
my best regards to all,
susan thom

Like a Fox

WF Veterans
"Just our way of making sure you aren't a robot"? The proof is in the prose, yo.

....Sadly I actually am a Robot so I'm not sure that this post is proving anything.

Though when I'm not hanging with C3PO, R2D2 and other number-letter combos, I masquerade as a 23 year old Melbourne girl with make up that would make Ziggy Stardust proud. My back hurts. And I'm looking forward to getting addicted to this.

Not that Robots have the capacity to suffer the phenomenon of addiction.

Character slipping.... and out.

The Backward OX

WF Veterans
....Sadly I actually am a Robot so I'm not sure that this post is proving anything.

Though when I'm not hanging with C3PO, R2D2 and other number-letter combos, I masquerade as a 23 year old Melbourne girl with make up that would make Ziggy Stardust proud. My back hurts. And I'm looking forward to getting addicted to this.

Not that Robots have the capacity to suffer the phenomenon of addiction.

Character slipping.... and out.
You know those three balls that hang outside a pawnbroker's?

Q: Why is one of them lower than the other two?
A: Because it's on a longer chain.

S

shopwurld4u8

Hello,

I'm Adam. I've been writing for as long as I can remember. I have quite a vivid imagination and I enjoy dissecting and analyzing readings. My favorite book author is Dean Koontz. I enjoy writing mystery novels that leave people in suspense. I look forward to contributing to these boards:)

Like a Fox

WF Veterans
You know those three balls that hang outside a pawnbroker's?

Q: Why is one of them lower than the other two?
A: Because it's on a longer chain.

I am utterly perplexed by this, which is why i said nothing to it.
Maybe i am blindsighted because I work at a pawnbrokers, and we don't have three balls (have i alluded to that on here, because i don't think i have)

Or maybe I am just nowhere near as clever as I like to think. Little help? haha.

...And Hi Adam.

Y

Yorkiesrpeople2

Hi I am Phyllis Married 27 yrs and new writer. I have 3 offerers to publish my childrens book. But worried its a scam???

T

tamron

Hello I am Tamron

Good morning to all! I'm just checking out your community. See if I know anyone here. I see now I have to work on my profile. So I will do that so you can recognize me.

lerick

hi

nother nebie here. finally willing to admit to myself that the computer business is not for me and all i really want to do is write and make films. i would really like to meet up with and hang out with a bunch of other writers but there does not seem to be a group where i live, which is strange because i live in a college town with two other colleges close by. i wish i were back in college but only because i think it would be easier to meet other writers at this point.

i am hoping to meet some cool writerly-types online so i have someone to talk with about my craft. here goes nothing.

Battlemage

Lerick, make up an 'intro' thread all your own in the main introduction area. You will get noticed there more from everyone else! Post under 'new thread' in that section and paste your entry above there.
Nice to meet you.
-Mage

A

Antz

So i have to post here to show i'm not a robot?
Ok, i'm antz.
i like writing stories that are slightly dark and thought provoking and i've joined because i would like some constructive critisism for them, i only write short stories however i don't have the perceveirence for novels and all that bollocks.

A

Antz

Oh yeah btw, check out my new post it's in short stories.
It's about two people, involves gore, love and happiness.

M

musstakrakish

RUSH

RUSH IS THE BEST BAND OF ALL TIME... SO IS BLACK SABBATH

:5stars:

A

Angelfireburn

Writing is my favorite hobby, and I'm happy to have found a website where I can come to grow as a writer. My main interest is in essays, and I've been writing on-and-off for a few years now.

L

longbottom

hey there. i'm isabel; i'm 18 years old; i'm from manila, philippines. i've just heard about this site. i never knew it existed and i'm so glad that it does. i'm taking up 'food technology' in college but i've always wanted to be a writer. my former high school teacher told me, though, that if i really wanted to be one, i wouldn't take up creative writing or similar courses in college. i should take up something completely different; like criminology, etc. because then, it'd give me an edge over the other writers and possibly, with a different educational background and possibly a different career background too, i can present new and original ideas in my writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread