Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Intro to essay (1 Viewer)

Hoot08

Introduction to my essay on Puritanism. Purpose is to say whether three characters conform or diverge from your idea of a Puritan.

Staunch religious supporters, true worshipers of the Sabbath, Puritans were both of these things and more. These men and women who were among the first to settle the land where the stars and stripes proudly wave brought with them from their old world an unwavering love for god. Each day was one of prayer, where the strictest rules were made to be followed to preserve their Christianity. Truthful, honest, god loving, these were what Puritans
were and still thought of today by many. Through novels that help many imagine what it is to be a Puritan, it is seen that not all step up the high morals and standards of an average Puritan, while others seem to be molded out of the prime example of a Puritan. These cases are John Proctor, Reverand Dimmesdale, and Edgar.

Intel

Err. Puritans started off in the 1600's in england when King JamesI ruled. You didn't give me enough info on what the question asked of you. Puritans like things in the church to be simple. They are simple people(not in the stupid sense). They say look at our bibles rather than look at us. The 'novel' part you said.... I don't get it. You can understand them better by looking at a history book. But anyway you tried.

Just do some more research and this could turn out great. :santa:

mammamaia

besides which, this is the 'scripts & plays' section and this post seems to belong in 'non-fiction'...