Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Interview With Your Antagonist (1 Viewer)

Previous Questions:

1. Are you religious? If religion is described as getting out of bed when you know nothing is going to change today but doing it anyway as a testament of faith it will be better. I am.
2. Are you in love with anyone? I love all but everyone is beneath me.
3. Are there any goals you and your enemy share? To care to know whether an enemy had shared goals with me would turn the enemy into a friend, surely?
4. What makes you afraid? A blinking cursor. Has the work been autosaved or do I go through this pain again.
5. Is there anything more important than beating your enemy? Beating myself. The ultimate pleasure.

New Questions
1. why bother with laundry?
2.Hot showers or cold baths?
3. Would you remove a trapped insect from the a spider's web?
4. What is your weirdest body part ?
5. Toilet door; open or close?

Sinister

1. Do you have a significant other?
2. What is it that you're after? Money? Fame?
3. What is your worst memory?
4. What makes you feel justified in doing what you're doing?
5. Have you ever killed anyone?

1. No, I'm afraid not. My work-- Well, as much as I'd love the distraction, I chose years ago to start my work with Albion software and I haven't finished yet. I really only have the attention span to do one thing at a time. I do worry that it's almost too late now.

2. I don't think I really got into my line of work with a goal in mind. There are some things you do because you're good at them. Its just a natural progression of talent evolving into career. I have met with success and I don't really credit that to anything in particular. There are tens of thousands of people with just as much drive as I have. To this day, I don't know what has separated me from them.

3. There was this mall complex, near where my family would camp for the 4th of July. It was entirely outdoors. But there was this little hamburger hut in the center of the complex. Crystal's Place was the name. Every year, I used to get a fully-dressed hamburger right from the counter. I don't even like fully-dressed hamburgers. I'm not a fan of tomatoes, onions or pickles. But this place, somehow, put all those things together just perfectly. They had the best of everything and it came together in the greatest burger of all-time. I used to sit next to the fountain in the mall-complex, legs kicking over the water and eat each hamburger every year. One year, I was eating my hamburger and felt something off about it. My mouth opened by reflex and I pulled out a slice of tomato and it had a live maggot in the center of a black spot. Minutes later, my sister runs to get me and tells me my Mother just had a heart attack. I didn't know what a widowmaker was. If you'd have asked me, I'd have guessed some kind of spider. My mother died that day in a bookshop, clutching a cookbook in her right hand.

4. I'm not doing anything anyone hasn't. And people take life too seriously, anyway. People overvalue everything, sex, money, life-itself. Their perspective is skewed and they think this life is all they get, all that matters is whatever they're doing from second to second. So, all I'm offering is something new for them to obsess over. People are best when they're distracted. Without some knew focus, they think too much and before you know it, they think life is somehow serious. I'm simply trying to drive home that life is a game. Whether it ends, begins, slows, speeds up or goes completely crazy, you have to enjoy it. Enjoy even the bad things that happen to you and your life will be amazing.

5. I have. But I did it to prove a point. Violence is something you can't fake. People can lie. People can joke. And that's fine, but sometimes you have to illustrate when there is no little boy to cry wolf. Life is like a play and it should be played with some levity. But everything is relative and comes in degrees. Sometimes, you have to pretend to be serious.

-Sin

SilentCypher

Previous Questions:

1. Why bother with laundry?

Somewhat of an odd question, but I guess it depends on the situation. As far as I've been told, people used to clean their clothes all the time before the bombs. Nowadays, with drinkable water being scarce as it is, and the rest of the water being loaded with radiation, doesn't make much sense to waste water on clothes that'll just get dirty the next day. Some settlements have found ways to better purify their water, and if you're lucky enough to live in one of those, I guess it makes sense to keep your clothes clean. Figure they'd probably last longer.

But in the Wasteland, by yourself or in small groups? No way. Waste of time and water. Besides, when you travel between cities or towns, you want to smell like the landscape anyway. Any group of raiders or cannibals will smell you a mile away if you walk around smelling like animal fat and dandelions, not to mention the predators who already know how to track you. Nah, as far as I can tell, only time you'd ever want to do "laundry" as they call it would be for very special occasions. Like a wedding...

2. Hot Showers or Cold Baths?

Again, that's kind of a dumb question. I've been fortunate enough to have a warm bath or two, but most everybody here who bathes will only bathe with what they got. Not sure where you come from, but where I come from, the most we "bathe" with usually involves a sponge and a pot filled with water that's too dirty to drink. Top-down, too; start with the head and face, down to the neck, chest and underarms, back, regular arms, crotch area, upper parts of your legs. Lower legs and feet if you've managed not to use too much. You'll get dirty the next day, but at least you won't smell too bad if you do it every-so-often. If they've got enough water where you can choose between type and temperature, I'd be very careful if I were you. Plenty of people 'round these parts who'd be down to 'repurpose' your settlement for their own personal use, myself included.

3. Would you remove a trapped insect from the spider's web?

Depends on the insect and size of the spider. If it's a huge insect, big enough to feed myself and several others, that spider just did the work for us. If it's a smaller insect with a smaller spider, the insect brought it upon themselves. If the insect is big but the spider is equally big and hostile, you gotta weigh your options at that point.

That's just the way of the Wasteland. You don't last too long if you're stupid. Nature seems to run it's course pretty well out here.

4. What is your weirdest body part?

Removes eye patch to show gaping socket. Jiggles remaining muscle tissue in the socket back and forth.

I used to have two eyes, until one sorry bastard took it upon himself to violently remove one. That's okay, though; word got back to me that one of my own, who was so damned crazy and stupid enough to trek cross-coutry all the way to the Pacific Coast, found the man who gave me this. He tried to kill him, but admittedly, my old "battle buddy" was a bit too quick, even after all these years. He struck a compromise, though -- managed to gun down the man's wife instead. The only reason I know about this is because, in spite of his stupidness, he was damned tough. He managed to break away and dispatch a message before one or both of his kidneys died. That was confirmation enough for me; my old friend was a good one to stab a person in the ribs or kidneys if things ever came close-quarters. Guess I was his one exception. Damned fool. How did the old saying go, an eye for an eye?

He's going to lose so much more than an eye when I get to him.

5. Toilet door, opened or closed?

Again, I don't know where you come from, but that's a stupid fucking question. I'd start growing extra eyes in the back of my head if I were you, because if you have actual "toilets" and enough water where people can choose how they want to bathe, I'm starting to think you and your people are getting a little too rich for their own good. Maybe better to share some of that wealth with the rest of us who aren't so fortunate.

Pulls out knife. Let me ask you something. How good are you in a knife fight?

New Questions:

1. What became of the one you loved?
2. Is there a place in this world (or other worlds) that means a great deal to you?
3. Do you have a favorite childhood memory?
4. What's something you secretly enjoy that most people don't know about?
5. What is the single most valuable trait an individual can have?

Last edited:

Dr Hooss

1. What became of the one you loved?

He betrayed me and destroyed my life's work.

2. Is there a place in this world (or other worlds) that means a great deal to you?

My Jam factory in Nitshill, which is my main legitimate business that launders most of my illicit earnings. Also it's my way of giving back to the community I grew up in by providing the opportunity for either an honest or dishonest living.

3. Do you have a favorite childhood memory?

Killing my first heroin dealer and moving in on their patch.

4. What's something you secretly enjoy that most people don't know about?

Smoking a bit of high quality heroin, everybody knows I sell the stuff, but few know I occasionally indulge.

5. What is the single most valuable trait an individual can have?

Eternal, undying loyalty and obedience to me and only me.

1. Do you have any pets?

2. What are your main vices?

3. Do you have any childhood traumas?

4. Do you ever feel life is futile?

5. What is your most repulsive fantasy?