Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Interview With Your Antagonist (1 Viewer)

Bishop

WF Veterans
I dun't wanna let this thread die!

1. Do you have any close friends?
A few. Allies of my cause, but in essence they're just necessary parts of my plans. So not very close, I suppose.

2. How long have you been working on your plan?
I started planning five years ago and recruited most of my manpower and began building a year after that. Now, it's finally in motion.

3. What made you decide on your current path?
We were once the greatest people in the galaxy, but our newest leader is ushering in reform that makes us allies with the humans. Makes us weak. I must dethrone her and restore our dominance.

4. Do you have or want children?
No.

5. What is your ultimate goal?
Restore the Empire to it's former glory and eradicate the impure races, such as humanity.

Next Questions:
1. Who is (s)he? Why do you love/hate him/her?
2. If you could change one aspect of yourself what would it be?
3. Would you rather rule the world or find happiness in love, and why?
4. Aside from water, is there a food or drink you cannot go one day without?
5. What is your most redeeming quality?

Ephemeral_One

1. Who is (s)he? Why do you love/hate him/her?

Riley Neufhaven, President of the Ferro Multiplanetary Corporation. I have to admire his practical nature and cunning.
Lord of the Abyss, Belial. He is the Lord of Flies and I HATE bugs.

2. If you could change one aspect of yourself what would it be?
Several, I would add several pounds of muscle in appropriate places. I would return my body to its youthful vigor.
I would also be change this form to properly reflect my greatness.

3. Would you rather rule the world or find happiness in love, and why?
There is no question in my mind that it is in my nature to rule. As such, I will offer up my personal relationships to the altar of destiny to lead people in the right direction.
As is my due for the humiliation done to me in the past.

4. Aside from water, is there a food or drink you cannot go one day without?
There is a drink our division in the Serrano system developed. It is made of some local fruit. It is light and refreshing not to mention energizing. I'm sure I can give you a free sample.
Though, I suppose supping on the beleaguered souls of the damned can never truly be replaced, huh?
5. What is your most redeeming quality?

My flexibility, I suppose. While I've been taking classes to keep the old joints limber I think it's my willingness to bend over backwards for my people that's really kept me in shape all these years.
It would be my ability to know I shall outlast all others. After all, I am the Lord of Carrion and in the end thus even the husk of the universe shall sustain me.

Heh, I couldn't resist a little fun with this. Highlight for his second face.

1. What were your young years like?
2. Any favorite music types or musicians?
3. What personal bad habits have you been accused of?
4. Where did you lose your virginity?
5. Can you lend me a couple bucks?

Bishop

WF Veterans
Heh, I couldn't resist a little fun with this. Highlight for his second face.

I love the highlight for his second face feature, that was cool, One!

I'm jumping back in here because A) I love this thread and B) I'm literally sitting down to write a part with this character and I want to get into his head a moment...

1. What were your young years like?
Oh, I was a veteran in the pre-contact wars, you know? But, God had a plan for me that took us to the losing end of that war and into exile in space, where I served as a lowly logistics officer for most of my life aboard our great ark.

2. Any favorite music types or musicians?
The cantors in my flock do a fine job of resurrecting great songs from our ancestry.

3. What personal bad habits have you been accused of?
I suppose people say I am zealous, but that to me is a compliment. The pious, the righteous, and the pure are always strong in their convictions. God demands this level of devotion, and to say it is a bad habit is... insulting and offensive.

4. Where did you lose your virginity?
My life began when I accepted the Trinity with God at its peak. Before that life, I found love in the barren wastes of the warzone called Earth... but that is, as I said, another life.

5. Can you lend me a couple bucks?
God, and the Trinity's Son have spoken of the wickedness of wealth. I suggest you make peace with yourself and accept the Trinity... only then will you know true happiness.

Next Questions:
1. What is the defining moment of your life so far and why?
2. If you could vacation anywhere, name that place and why.
3. What is your favorite/most used piece of technology?
4. What is your fondest childhood memory?
5. Why are you...?

Apple Ice

Bishop. I like your character, he/she seems perfectly moderate and rational (something which is quite rare in antagonists, I think) but you can tell there's a hint of sensationalism and perhaps something unhinged about them when they speak of God. They don't come across as "evil for the sake of being evil" and clearly has a rational motivation for their actions (rational to them perhaps, maybe not others who don't share their beliefs). Good job, sounds like a good antagonist there.

1) I faced the one who raised me after all these years and in her eyes I saw it, I saw I was a man to be feared and respected, but most importantly, I was a man who never looked away.

2) The day I vacate anywhere is the day I won't be fit for anything.

3) Every piece of technology in existence is my favourite. Whether it's good or bad, big or small, expensive or cheap, none of that matters. What it represents is what matters. It represents the advancement of our kind, don't you see. It is the very reason I am fighting, killing and no doubt one day, will be dying. It is the epitome of our existence and the thing that sets us apart from every other living being. Those who would try and stop this must be stopped themselves.

4) When Samuel explained to me what the Moon and the Sun were. That is my fondest memory and will continue to be so. I'm not sure even victory itself could replace that which is my only treasure.

5) Speak up you fool.

1) Who would say you're a tyrant and why?

2) Would you rather die a hero or live as a coward?

3) What is your favourite piece of literature?

4) What is your first memory of death?

5) Is there anything more important than your objective?

Bishop

WF Veterans
1) Who would say you're a tyrant and why?

2) Would you rather die a hero or live as a coward?

3) What is your favourite piece of literature?

4) What is your first memory of death?

5) Is there anything more important than your objective?

Since the villain in my book changed when I went back by 30k words, I wanted to come in here again to get into the mindset of the new one.

1) Tyranny is an alien concept, one that does not understand the dichotomy of the colony and the ruling caste. There is only a command structure where one is needed, nothing more, nothing less.

2) I will die as all of my compatriots have before me, in service or defense of the colony and its growth. Cowards, as they are called, were rooted out of our society some time ago.

3) Tklkcalk's "Understanding Genetics". Its rudimentary observations about the genetic structure of certain aliens has been a benchmark of the scientific community since its publishing, despite the fact that some of the specifics are a little dated.

4) I remember very vividly the first time I was given control of the organic re-processor. They fed a few humans into the machine and I was given reign to throw the switch, despite being only a larvae. Ah, youth.

5) No.

Next Questions:
1) What is your weapon/tactic of choice?
2) Who are you willing to die for, and why?
3) Where are you from?
4) Describe your perfect Sunday.
5) How do you dress?

Crying

this is a very old villan, and he manages to be the proantagonist and the antagonist in the same novel! I find him a bit cliched now, but he still holds a certain place in my heart :)
1) (weapon or tactic of choice) Firepower, probably. That, or just running. I don't have too much to fight for, really.
2) (who are you willing to die for, and why?) Jack. I'd rather you didn't turn that into anything it's not. He saved my life, I owe him that much. Maybe Tarquin, he helped too. I don't know.
3) (where are you from?) Venezuela, technically. I flew here from South Bronx.
4) (describe your perfect Sunday) Probably a good long fly with Tarquin. He can't talk. That's my ideal of a perfect traveling companion.
5) (how do you dress?) Trousers, dress shirts. Anything Jack gives me, I'm not picky.

(edit: accidentally entered without new questions! :eek:)
1) do you consider yourself good or evil?
2) what is your favorite animal and why?
3) what is your daily routine? if you don't have one, what do you think it should be?
4) where were you born?
5) what is your biggest pet peeve?

From the perspective of Stutton, who is not the main antagonist, but one all the same.
1) I don't believe in those. I know, I know, a lot of people say that, but I'm serious. If someone kills me, I'll just kill them back. Well, I can't, because I'll be dead, but you get the idea.
2) Do people count? If so, anyone who'll fight back!
3) I guess I just be captain, and wish I didn't have to follow orders, but then where would the war go?
4) Eh, some moon named after some old guy. We had a sort of skateboarder club to try to shake off the totalitarian regime. Well, it wasn't exactly a club.
5) Peacemakers. They're like, "nope, sorry, too nice to give you a little fun."

1) What is something you want to know, or know more about?
2) What is something that happened to you that changed your life forever?
3) How do you see yourself?
4) Who do you admire?
5) What kind of music do you like?

Erik Fantasia

1. The power I hold. All power.

2.My discovery of Red Power. The Blue Order was wrong to forbid it.

3. I am powerful. I shall never again be bullied. I am the Red King! The worlds shall follow my Red Destiny.

4. I admired Tara, my love. But she held me back. Now I admire Reina, and she will be my Red Queen.

5. I must say, I avpid music nowadays. It's a distraction from Red Destiny. I must forget her.

Erik Fantasia

Oh, sorry

1. What, to you, is the point of life?
2. How do you feel about emotion?
3. Do you consider yourself to be a strong person?
4. What is 1+1?
5. What is your fsv weapon?

(antagonist from Where do the Dead Boys Go? [in progress])

1. What, to you, is the point of life?
I ain't the one to be askin' about life, kid.
2. How do you feel about emotion? I dunno. It does some good, an' it does some harm, same as everythin'.
3. Do you consider yourself to be a strong person? If you're considerin' me a person, then yes. No one escapes me, exceptin' a few miracles, and no one but God himself has beaten me yet.
4. What is 1+1? Seems all you people do is ask questions you already know the answer to.
5. What is your fsv (*fav?) weapon? Weapons? Who the hell do you think I am?

(Next questions)

​1. What are you most afraid of?
2. What reminds you of home?
3. How do you think other people view you?
4. What is something you really enjoy?
5. What are you dreams like?

Moonbeast32

(Somewhere moist and dark)

​1. What are you most afraid of?
The next time I molt, which is in about 2 minutes.

2. What reminds you of home?
Home? This pit isn't home sweet home enough for you?

3. How do you think other people view you?
Well it's obvious by how they sing and praise me as their king. what, you thought those were cries of agony? Heh, They're both the same down here.

4. What is something you really enjoy?
I made a little song a while back. I sing it to myself and pretend I can do anything else.

5. What are you dreams like?
I sometimes dream about what it would be like to be mortal. Eating food, feeling cold, sex, dying, etc.

The new questions:
1) tell about the time you've felt the most pain
2) Do you have a secret crush?
3) how would you describe your childhood?
4)what is something you can't eat?
5) Is there anyone who you would like to make a shoutout to?

JaneC

1) tell about the time you've felt the most pain
The day Julie died. Coming home to seeing her dead was by far, the worst pain I ever felt. I couldn't breathe, I felt numb all over. It took a long time for the truth of it to sink in. She was dead.

2) Do you have a secret crush?
No, Kate knows how I feel about her.

3) how would you describe your childhood?
It was a military-like childhood I suppose. My dad was the alpha and his sons had to be the examples for the pack youth. I don't know if I always lived up to his expectations, but I tried to make him proud. Not that I didn't break a few rules with my brother. A kids gotta be a kid right?

4)what is something you can't eat?
Brussel sprouts. Can't stand the smell. Mom used to make them all the time as a side for the steak. To this day, I can't look at them and not look around for a big cut of steak.

5) Is there anyone who you would like to make a shoutout to?
Ace. Without him, I would never have come back home and saved my brother. I wouldn't be the alpha I am if it weren't for him dragging me back here.

New questions:

1) Where are you from?
2) What is your favorite genre of music?
3) Why have you chosen your current path or what has led you to it?
4) Would you classify yourself as an introvert or extrovert?
5) If you could live anywhere you wanted, where would it be?

MadMickyG

1) Where are you from?
Now, Cabran. When I was a kid, that's none of your business!

2) What is your favorite genre of music?
The silent genre. I find it very relaxing. We should listen to some now, so I don't have to listen to you.

3) Why have you chosen your current path or what has led you to it?
Because the world needs to be educated that my brother is a moron. People should realise he doesn't deserve their worship, but I do. I'm so sick of being in his shadow, I decided I'll shine brighter than him.

4) Would you classify yourself as an introvert or extrovert?
Extrovert of course. You don't conquer the world by being shy and quiet. What a stupid question.

5) If you could live anywhere you wanted, where would it be?

Washington D.C. in America. I heard there's a lovely big white house there. I know, I know, but it's fine. I'll be removing the occupants very soon.

New questions:

1) Did you ever think you would be where you are now?
2) Have you ever stolen something from a friend?
3) If you had only one meal left to eat, what would it be?
4) How many times can you clap in a minute?
5) What is your first memory?

Last edited:

Birb

(I guess The Man in the Hat, he should be fun.)

1) Did you ever think you would be where you are now?
Obviously, I'm practically omnipotent. I was betting on being where I am now.

2) Have you ever stolen something from a friend?
Why steal when you can create a universe on accident? Not to mention the fact that I really don't have any true friends....

3)If you had only one meal left to eat, what would it be?
Hm. Seeing as I don't technically need sustenance to survive that's a tough one, but if I had to pick it'd be peanut butter and jelly. Gotta love the simple things, not to mention it wouldn't take very long...

4) How many times can you clap in a minute
Humans haven't even thought of the number that could even dream to realize a number of times I could clap in a single minute, not that I would. It'd probably tear time a couple of times.

5) What is your first memory?
It's tough to describe my first memory in your language, but imagine how it feels when you wake up. Slowly, groggily you come to and find that everything is suddenly there. You find that after forever of something that you can't quite remember, or nothing at all, you finally come back to something that seems familiar. Something that is more beautiful than you could ever imagine.

Questions-
1) If you were given the option for all of your dreams to come true or if you could ruin the life of your worst enemy at the cost of your own, which would you choose?
2) What is your horoscope? (Pisces, Aquarius, Cancer, etc.)
3) A magical being comes and shows you the error of your ways, do you continue your current lifestyle?
4) If you weren't the villain, what day job would you have?
5) Do you enjoy vanilla ice cream or do you prefer something more interesting?

Adderbury

1. If you were given the option for all of your dreams to come true or if you could ruin the life of your worst enemy at the cost of your own, which would you choose?
I would have all my dreams come true, which would accomplish the second just as well.

2. What is your horoscope?
It is actually illegal for you to cast my horoscope, so I am afraid I cannot answer that one.

3. A magical being comes and shows you the error of your ways, do you continue your current lifestyle?
Of course I do! Just because he is magical makes him not wise. Countless others have told me what I do wrong, why should I listen to this one?

4. If you weren't the villain, what day job would you have?
Oh I would keep my current job... being a member of the House of Lords... and my title. Besides, there is no occupation in London in year 1670 I would even consider. I am NOT a member of the working class!

5. Do you enjoy vanilla ice cream or do you prefer something more interesting?
Ice cream costs an extreme amount, I wouldn't waste my money, nor indulge in such things. I would prefer strawberries if you please.

Questions:
1. Why are you considered the villain?
2. What is your nicest quality?
3. Who do you model yourself after? Your own personal hero? A public figure? A character in a book?
4. What would you personally give up to accomplish your dreams?
5. What one thing would you never part with even if it meant the accomplishment of all you wish and want in life?

NathanielleC

1. Why are you considered the villain?

Killing my husband, dropping my youngest son on the psych ward and also making sure my oldest daughter has to constantly be on the run doesn't really make you Mom of the Year but I'd do it again to save their lives.

2. What is your nicest quality?

I voted for Bernie.

3. Who do you model yourself after? Your own personal hero? A public figure? A character in a book?

If there's anyone out there like me, they need to be shot on sight.

4. What would you personally give up to accomplish your dreams?

My kids want me dead. Or at the very least they won't lose a lot of sleep if something happens to me, so, yeah dreams are kinda off the menu.

5. What one thing would you never part with even if it meant the accomplishment of all you wish and want in life?

My children are alive and self sufficient. I parted with what I wanted in life to accomplish what I wanted. Wrap your heads around that.

My questions:

1: What you want your enemies to know about you?

2: Is there a line you won't cross?

3: On your death bed, you name your successor. Who is it?

4: You have a few hours to spare and there's a movie you can't believe is finally on demand, for free. What is it?

5: What is one thing you would kill to keep your enemies from learning?

1: What you want your enemies to know about you?
That I am more unforgivable than any of their Gods ever will be.

2: Is there a line you won't cross?
There are no lines, no limitations in my field of work.

3: On your death bed, you name your successor. Who is it?
Perhaps the student I might have in the future.

4: You have a few hours to spare and there's a movie you can't believe is finally on demand, for free. What is it?
Godfather.

5: What is one thing you would kill to keep your enemies from learning?
Writing a good story.

NEW QUESTIONS:
1. How do you want to be remembered?
2. What's your home screen?
3. If you were to watch a Disney movie with your little cousin, which one would you choose?
4. What do you think of the person everyone else call the protagonist?
5. Which animal do you identify with most?

MistWolf

Rose Fitzgerald sits across from me sitting in a white chair. The sparsely furnished study at the top of the 1,203 meter tall Fitzgerald Foundation Arcology is spacious. Through a large window, rotors can be seen streaming by soundlessly. Rose looks to be a young, slender teenaged girl with long blond hair, but paradoxically, deep in her blue eyes is the look of one who has seen too much. She has one leg tucked under her, hidden in the folds of her pale dress. Her limbs are long and lithe.

"Good morning," I begin. "Thank you for granting me this interview for the City Network News."

"I'm glad to do it," she says brightly. "I just love Kenneth and Barbara on the Morning Show. Are we live?"

"Yes."

"Ooh, wonderful." She waves. "Hello Kenneth! Kisses, Barbara!" She's upbeat but doesn't gush. She's young and fresh, yet elegant and mature.

"We have selected a few questions from the fans. First, how do you want to be remembered?"

"I hope I don't have to be remembered at all. I'd like to be here, always guiding the Fitzgerald Foundation to a brighter, better future for all. But, if- when that fateful day should ever come, I'd like to be remembered as one who helped so many of our citizens find their place in society and gave them a better life."

"All of us at City Network News appreciate the great work done at the Fitzgerald Foundation. For the next question- People want to know, what's on the home screen of your Personal Companion?"

For a moment, her face hardens, then softens. Rose takes a deep breath as if to gather her thoughts. "John Kennedy, waving to the people from his Limo in Dallas Texas."

"Dallas, Texas?"

"A place from long ago." Her eyes are distant as if watching something only she can see. "I suppose Dallas was razed when it was annexed by the Houston Megalopolis." She shakes her head sadly. "A mother should never have to bury her children." Rose is quiet for a long moment, then wipes the corner of her eye and says "You'll have to forgive me. I'm a bit obsessed with that bit of Pre-Closure history. Sometimes I feel like I was there. Silly, of me- You won't tell, will you?"

I lean forward and air pat her knee. "Your secret's safe with me," I say and we laugh like two girlfriends playing Truth or Dare. "Rumor has it someone has been trying to make a name for himself at the expense of your reputation. Is this true? Who is this terrible man and what can you tell me about him?"

"Oh dear! I hate to say anything bad about anyone."

"So, there is someone," I press.

Rose sighs. "Yes. A very handsome and- I must admit- charming man. He swept me off my feet and we had a whirlwind affair. I even had thoughts of entering into a Domestic Co-Hab contract with him. He's an Owner, you know. A lower social status, but he was up and coming. Owns a private investigation & security firm. Little did I know that he was using his skills to dig up dirt on people for blackmail. That's how he came into Owner status. He blackmailed the previous Owners into signing over their company."

I was aghast. "Certainly, he couldn't find dirt on you?!?"

Rose blushed. "I am only human, you know. One doesn't achieve my level of social status" she says with a mischievous grin "without slipping a body or two down the recycling chute. Very sexy bodies," she adds with a wink.

"Here's a question about a Disney movie. Do you know what a movie is? I had to look that up on my PC."

"Oh, yes. I know what 'movies' are. Two dimensional and completely lacking any interactivity. Very boring. The stuff coming from Disney today is much better."

"I bet. The question is, if you were to watch a Disney movie with your cousin, which one would you choose?"

A wicked grin spreads across her face and her voice lowers. "I don't kiss and tell."

I smile knowingly in return. "I have a couple of cute cousins myself. One last question- Which animal do you identify with the most?"

"The lioness."

"My favorite animal to watch on the Video Zoo. Such power and grace." I'm given the signal to wrap things up. "Thank you for getting up so early to talk with us. This has been a City Network News exclusive interview with Rose Fitzgerald, CEO of the Fitzgerald Foundation. For more information about the Foundation and their mission and how you can help, click on the link below."

"Oh, I didn't get up early. I simply stayed up a little late. But you're welcome and- Good night."

"Tune in tomorrow when we ask our next guest a few questions-

- Is it true that you replaced your greatest nemesis with a clone?
- What is your favorite plot to take over the world?
- Do you think the Defenestration Device is a viable superweapon?
- Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
- What was your most embarrassing defeat? Your greatest triumph?

Last edited:

EternalGreen

My antagonists do not communicate using a medium that would be even vaguely discernible by a human brain. If a translation could be rendered (a near-impossible task) it would read something as such:

1. No. Our greatest enemies are dead or subordinate to us. We lack understanding of what a genetic "clone" is.

2. We are already the dominant species on this planet. We maintain this hegemony by patrolling natural resources (primarily the materials to build electro-magnetic contraptions) by wing.

3. Absolutely. Now that we have managed space-travel, dropping projectiles on an enemy (if one arose) would be quite viable.

4. No. We do not possess telepathic abilities or technology of any kind.

5. Our most embarrassing failure was when hundreds of us got shot to death by rail-guns trying to capture a tower. The greatest triumph was that we won anyway.

#

New Questions:

1. Are you religious?
2. Are you in love with anyone?
3. Are there any goals you and your enemy share?
4. What makes you afraid?
5. Is there anything more important than beating your enemy?