Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Inner Child (1 Viewer)

CarolFa

Inner Child

Please take my hand
Inner child
the one who is lost
Please take my hand
follow me through
this dark tunnel
Please take my hand
Beautiful
Innocent child
Please take my hand
Let's find our way
You belong here
You are loved
Please take my hand
No more hiding
Safety in reach
I see the light
Please take my hand,
it will take us to a place
where you'll be whole
free to live, love, laugh
and be Happy

Cris V

Carol, I like this a lot and the thought of bringing our inner child to a place where he/she is happy and whole. I've worked on this myself quite a bit over the years so I feel this poem deeply.

I think the repetition of "Please take my hand" a little too much. I think taking some of those out would strengthen the poem. As well, I'd take out L2. Your title already tells us this is about the inner child. Something like this:

Please take my hand
Inner child
the one who is lost
Please take my hand
follow me through
this dark tunnel
Please take my hand
Beautiful
Innocent child
Please take my hand
Let's find our way
You belong here
You are loved
Please take my hand
No more hiding
Safety in reach
I see the light
Please take my hand,
it will take us to a place
where you'll be whole
free to live, love, laugh
and be Happy

Namyh

CarolF-a - Makes me fondly remember taking my own kids' hands and guiding them so very long, long ago.. I liked this CF-a and thanks for the memories. Namyh

CarolFa

CarolF-a - Makes me fondly remember taking my own kids' hands and guiding them so very long, long ago.. I liked this CF-a and thanks for the memories. Namyh
Thank you - I've come to realize that our inner child has been with us the longest and sometimes neglected.