Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Inifinite Jest and One Hundred Years of Solitude (1 Viewer)

These two books, simply put, have two fantastic endings. They are totally different, yet possess the same greatness. Both share, specifically, that the sum of their parts, though awesome, still pales to the divine whole.

Infinite Jest is about a boy named Hal who is a tennis prodigy and academic genius. He has many wacky adventures. It also stars prominently a mysterious former actress who never takes off her veil, a recovering drug addict, and a wily group of wheelchair-bound assassins. All of them are related to Hal's father, the filmmaker James O. Incandenza.
This description hardly does the book justice, but to truly expound upon its greatness would require too large a volume of praise to truly be practical. Let's just say that the storylines come together in a manner so brilliant, It will blow your mind.

One Hundred Years of Solitude is a better known work. For anyone who's read it, the title is synonymous with Genius. The arcadio's are beyond dysfunctional, and the magical realist world they live in is a brilliant parallel to our own. Following them for 100 years is a real treat, especially when you see the ending, possibly the greatest ever published.

Kikster

I absolutely loved One Hundred Years of Solitude. I read it almost ten years ago, but it is still one of my favorite books. have you read anything else by Garcia Marquez? most of his novel are incredibly good. I enjoyed all of them...

I'm going to buy that other book you were talking about, it sounds good from your description.