Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

IMPORTANT: Posting In This Forum (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumby

Staff member
Co-Owner
As in 2013, there will be no debates allowed in 2014. Keep all discussions reasonably on track and if you stray into potentially offensive and/or sensitive issues, be very careful how you tread. It will be up to the moderation team to decide what is acceptable and what is not. But, if a topic is offending you, do the adult thing and walk away.

Flaming has always been unacceptable on this site and will continue to be. However, there is a big difference in disagreeing with someone and a personal attack. We are bound to have different opinions about things, so we ask you to respect that and move on if you are unable to. Never personally attack another member. On the flip side, a thick skin is required in this profession. If you are easily offended, we suggest you refrain from engaging in heated discussions.

Reactions: PiP

Potty

WF Veterans
"Hey, did you see Game Of Thrones last night?"
"Yes, what did you think to all the murder?" <--- Discussion

"I watched Game Of Thrones last night, I feel that the characters portrayed are designed to reflect multi cultural couplings in a modern society. What are your thoughts on interracial marriages?" <-- can of worms waiting to happen.

Sam

General
Patron
Discussion is: Does this idea work? What do you think of this? Do you sympathise with my main character? How many pages per chapter?

Debate is: Does God exist? Is being gay criminal? Should gun laws be more strict? Should recreational drugs be made available to the general public?

One is related to writing; the other is related to politics, religion, and world views. The latter is not permitted on WF.

dither

WF Veterans
Oh dear, what did i say?:dejection:

I commented and edited and wished i hadn't posted.

I'm sorry.

EmmaSohan

WF Veterans
In a debate, you are trying to win and you don't care what the correct answer is. The discussions here are nothing like that, it's always people working together. But we have to be able to discuss things we disagree about, right?

Sam

General
Patron
Yeah, I really think we should all go back to writing literature without politics, religion, or any world-views in it. Those issues are just taking up space where we should add more dragons to be honest.

You can write about them. You can't debate them.

This is not a debate forum.

dither

WF Veterans
Gentlemen,
Ladies,
I know this not really a subject that is up for debate but,
There's always a "but".

You guys seek to write, in whatever genre, totally unaffected by politics of the day, religious affiliations, or very personal outside influences, really?

I have just three things to say;

Tolerance,

Tolerance,

and, if that wasn't clear enough,

TOLERANCE.

Capiche?
Comprende?

Love and peace, to all, where-ever you're at.

dither

Status
Not open for further replies.