Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: WF is Moving Home - 1st May 2021 (1 Viewer)

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
moving home -700.jpg

We are pleased to announce WritingForums.com has finally had a complete makeover and will migrate from our current vBulletin platform to XenForo on the 1st of May 2021. The forums will therefore be offline from the 30th April 23.59 EST for approximately 3-4 days. We have allowed this timeframe so our technical administrator can squeeze the old and cranky WF elephant (ancient software) through the eye of a needle to emerge the other side.

With this in mind we ask for your patience and support, thank you.

Updates will be posted to WF Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn or you may also contact us via email.

We have created a 'Member Guide' to help familiarise our members with the new software.

The WF Blog has also been completely revamped and as a keen blogger myself (for over eleven years) I can confirm it is one of the easiest and most responsive blogging platforms on the net.

Exciting times!

Image by Richard Duijnstee pixabay

Last edited by a moderator:

RHPeat

Met3 Group Leader
Staff member
Senior Mentor
Well spotted, Ron. You have the eyes of an eagle. I have updated the opening post. :) thank you!

PiPs / Darren

That means you can post two poems on the 29th and finish the April forum, right? Actually I've been staying one day ahead just slightly. I was to the last hour tonight. Maybe I'll be earlier tomorrow night.

a poet friend
RH Peat

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
PiPs / Darren

That means you can post two poems on the 29th and finish the April forum, right? Actually I've been staying one day ahead just slightly. I was to the last hour tonight. Maybe I'll be earlier tomorrow night.

a poet friend
RH Peat

Ron, have you ever heard of the expression - a minute to midnight? WF will be offline for a few days when the second hand passes Midnight on Friday 30th APril. Like New Year's' Eve. :) Darren has given the NaPo poets extra time once we are back on line... so look on it as a bonus. He has kindly given you guys some extra time in compensation.

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Don't mean to nitpick, but it will be EDT. Looking forward to the new software.

I think I'll go back to bed and pretend it's 'Groundhog Day' :) I live to learn. Thank you :) So as our tech admin said EST and I am in BST. Time is like trying to serve up spaghetti to me.... sigh :)

Aquarius

Financial Patron
Thank you for letting us know what's going on. I am looking forward to the new format and wish all who are working on it behind the scenes the best!

With love - Aquarius

Pamelyn Casto

WF Veterans
Will the old forum format still be accessible? Or will everything here be transferred to the new format? (There are a lot of critique comments I hope to gather so I'm wondering where I'll be able to find old comments once the new location is up and running.) Thanks for all the hard work you admins do.

Gumby

Staff member
Co-Owner
It will be gradients of green and blue. Members will have the option of a dark view as well as the default light view.