Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Illusion (1 Viewer)

ritudimrinautiyal

Though she was a prisoner, her opportunity for freedom appeared. And while it was difficult to leave all that she had ever known, she spread her wings and flew into the unknown perhaps, only to enter another trap……. Lets hope she’s able to live her dream.
Yes. Let's hope for that, too many humming birds are going through that.

Thanks for the read dear.

Yes. Let's hope for that, too many humming birds are going through that.

I really like this piece, Ritu.

It makes me think about someone working really hard to get out of a difficult situation or to try to improve their life. They go through so much and finally get to the next level and ... then there are those who will still criticize and shame for not being better or doing better. People often judge others for what they don't have and what they haven't accomplished instead seeing how far they've come or appreciating the good about where they are now.

Last edited:

ritudimrinautiyal

It makes me think about someone working really hard to get out of a difficult situation or try to improve their life. They go through so much and finally get to the next level and ... then there are those who will still criticize and shame for not being better or doing better. People often judge others for what they dont' have and what they haven't accomplished instead seeing how far they've come or appreciating the good about where they are now.
I really really like your version Happy. Now I would like to share my version as a reader of my poem. It is like flying off from one form of patriyarchal cage to another, thinking it as sky, what her vision through the little cage had formed.
But that is the only way, the humming birds: little creatures struggling through patriyarchy, can learn.

Ritu

I really really like your version Happy. Now I would like to share my version as a reader of my poem. It is like flying off from one form of patriyarchal cage to another, thinking it as sky, what her vision through the little cage had formed.
But that is the only way, the humming birds: little creatures struggling through patriyarchy, can learn.

Ritu
Yeah, I see what you're saying. It's interesting ...shifting dreams help us to grow as we strive to reach them. Nice. It's funny how our prisons can help to shape our dreams.

patriyarchy is patriarchy; patriarchal

Last edited:

darrellmoneyhon

It makes me think about someone working really hard to get out of a difficult situation or to try to improve their life. They go through so much and finally get to the next level and ... then there are those who will still criticize and shame for not being better or doing better. People often judge others for what they don't have and what they haven't accomplished instead seeing how far they've come or appreciating the good about where they are now.
"...too many humming birds are going through that." Ritu, are we, the poets, the "humming" birds? Humming poetic words, like a song? Thanks happy hippie for the positive slant about the nobility of trying to grow. Even if the road to hell might be paved with good intention, at least that's some heavenly material to make a road with!
darrell

ritudimrinautiyal

"...too many humming birds are going through that." Ritu, are we, the poets, the "humming" birds? Humming poetic words, like a song? Thanks happy hippie for the positive slant about the nobility of trying to grow. Even if the road to hell might be paved with good intention, at least that's some heavenly material to make a road with!
darrell
Too many humming birds, too many meanings for each connection for each reader. I wrote it keeping the aspect of patriarchy in mind, you can draw some other connection... like that.

Thanks for the read Darrell