Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

If We Are The Majoritarian (1 Viewer)

ritudimrinautiyal

If we are the majoritarian
Do we really have to behave ?
Like sheep of certain colour,
Conditioned to think that herd way.
Blinded enough to distinguish between,
The real shepherd and
The one, who is wolf, with covering of shepherd.

If we are the majoritarian,
Do we really have to follow?
Dustfull rule book of majoritarian power.
Which is asking us to step back, billion steps.
And forget all sunshines of mind,
In all those progressive years in between,
Which has raised us to this time,
When Moon and Mars are asking us to be explored,
When humanity is asking us to come up,
With more evolving definitions of emotions.

If we are the majoritarian,
Do we really need to forget?
The aspects which were more important,
Brotherhood, neighborhood and
The emotions built through all these years.
And the fact that we all together,
Crossed those passages of times, thick and thin,
With oneness,
That!!! do we really need to forget?
That we chose to live with the philosophy
Of equality,
Despite disparity and diversity.
And!!! Is it really less worthy ?
That with all this, whatever we have achieved till now?

Ritu Dimri Nautiyal

jenthepen

Staff member
Mentor
I like the idea behind your poem, ritu. We usually think of a democracy as the pinnacle of free speech and expression and yet, here, you explore the idea that people behave like a herd and are easily manipulated into following partisan agendas. I hadn't thought of this angle before. Looking at the way social media is full of partisan vitriol, you could have come up with a rather disturbing truth. Maybe democracy actually enables tyrants?

A very thought-provoking poem. Thanks for posting. :)

ritudimrinautiyal

I like the idea behind your poem, ritu. We usually think of a democracy as the pinnacle of free speech and expression and yet, here, you explore the idea that people behave like a herd and are easily manipulated into following partisan agendas. I hadn't thought of this angle before. Looking at the way social media is full of partisan vitriol, you could have come up with a rather disturbing truth. Maybe democracy actually enables tyrants?

A very thought-provoking poem. Thanks for posting. :)

Exactly Jenthepen,
That's what we become, without at all noticing, what we are becoming or what we are choosing, and that's how we are making democracy as power of numbers.
Thanks a lot for your response

Ritu