Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Idea Seed (1 Viewer)

acatchynick

Idea Seed
Growing plants from seeds is a wonderful thing. Cracking of seeds, first sprouts, first flowers, fruits… Each phase is separate happiness. But growing plants from seed is hard work. Easy-to-grow herbs such as mint and parsley are recommended for beginners. I think I started this job five years ago. I started with basil. I love the basil fragrance. More precisely, I used to love it. I'm not sure if I love it right now. I'm not even sure this is basil. I'm not sure about anything. For those who are interested in this job, I just advise: be wary of ivy.

A stranger I met on the Internet three years ago gave me an idea seed. An idea that we live in a simulation. I really liked this idea seed and immediately planted it in my mind. And now this idea has taken over my whole mind like an ivy.

Once you believe that you live in the simulation, it is very difficult to come back. I just can't get this idea out of my head. The more I try to get rid of it, the stronger it gets. Even more. My doctor said I could live with this idea. He told me to embrace the idea and make it a part of my life. I do not want it. I don't want to make it a part of my life. I want to get rid of it. I want to exit this simulation.

The first idea that comes to mind to exit a simulation is suicide. But it's a very dangerous option. If I die here, I could die in real life. So I looked for another way. And I've always failed. But now I'm sure I will succeed.

Plants are my hobby. My main profession is software. I was working for a monopolized technology company that made an operating system for phones. I was fired a month ago for constantly disrupting my work. But before I was fired, I wrote a virus and managed to plant the virus in the latest update of this operating system. Two minutes later this update will be released and my virus will spread all over the world. And then all the internet in the world will be cut off.

The internet is said to have been invented thirty years ago. It's a big lie. All people, young and old, are addicted to the internet. All like a computer. They can't do anything without the internet. Because it's all part of the simulation. What connects them to the simulation is the internet. And soon the internet will be cut off. And then all people will be disconnected from the simulation. When faced with such a big error, the simulation will have to shut itself down. That's when I'll be awake. Okay, actually, I'm not sure it'll work. I'm hoping it will just work.

vranger

Staff member
Supervisor
Idea Seed
I'm not sure how I missed this all month long. It's short but very, very cool. I like the way it starts out with a gentle journey through gardening and segues into vengeful paranoia. :) That's also evocative, reminding me of the regret I feel for wasting years grinding out levels in World of Warcraft when I could have been finishing my first novel and writing more. LOL I might have 20 novels in the can instead of seven. :)

I looked for this from your comment elsewhere that you've written in a vacuum. I think that's true for most writers for shorter or longer periods of time, and it's a wonderful experience to break out and find some appreciation for our efforts. If you can craft longer pieces as well as this short one, you'll entertain. Whether it's many or a few, it will be worthwhile.

Serendipity

Idea Seed
Growing plants from seeds is a wonderful thing. Cracking of seeds, first sprouts, first flowers, fruits… Each phase is separate happiness. But growing plants from seed is hard work. Easy-to-grow herbs such as mint and parsley are recommended for beginners. I think I started this job five years ago. I started with basil. I love the basil fragrance. More precisely, I used to love it. I'm not sure if I love it right now. I'm not even sure this is basil. I'm not sure about anything. For those who are interested in this job, I just advise: be wary of ivy.

A stranger I met on the Internet three years ago gave me an idea seed. An idea that we live in a simulation. I really liked this idea seed and immediately planted it in my mind. And now this idea has taken over my whole mind like an ivy.

Once you believe that you live in the simulation, it is very difficult to come back. I just can't get this idea out of my head. The more I try to get rid of it, the stronger it gets. Even more. My doctor said I could live with this idea. He told me to embrace the idea and make it a part of my life. I do not want it. I don't want to make it a part of my life. I want to get rid of it. I want to exit this simulation.

The first idea that comes to mind to exit a simulation is suicide. But it's a very dangerous option. If I die here, I could die in real life. So I looked for another way. And I've always failed. But now I'm sure I will succeed.

Plants are my hobby. My main profession is software. I was working for a monopolized technology company that made an operating system for phones. I was fired a month ago for constantly disrupting my work. But before I was fired, I wrote a virus and managed to plant the virus in the latest update of this operating system. Two minutes later this update will be released and my virus will spread all over the world. And then all the internet in the world will be cut off.

The internet is said to have been invented thirty years ago. It's a big lie. All people, young and old, are addicted to the internet. All like a computer. They can't do anything without the internet. Because it's all part of the simulation. What connects them to the simulation is the internet. And soon the internet will be cut off. And then all people will be disconnected from the simulation. When faced with such a big error, the simulation will have to shut itself down. That's when I'll be awake. Okay, actually, I'm not sure it'll work. I'm hoping it will just work.
I just love, love, loved this!!!!! Amazing ideas and beautiful use of metaphors. I look forward to reading more of your work!

Serendipity

Idea Seed

Your writing has such an even syncopation and rhythm. I loved reading this. Sometimes I wish that the internet would shut down!

Users who are viewing this thread