Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

I wait for bus in Starbucks (1 Viewer)

fanghuzhai

I wait for bus in Starbucks
Cursing all my bad lucks
I lost money back in China
Where run many a hyena
In the States I’m all by myself
No companion, not even an elf
As I am getting old day by day
I wonder to whom I should say
That you will inherit my property
If at death bed you are with me​

darrellmoneyhon

I wait for bus in Starbucks​

Cursing all my bad lucks​

I lost money back in China​

Where run many a hyena​

In the States I’m all by myself​

No companion, not even an elf​

As I am getting old day by day​

I wonder to whom I should say​

That you will inherit my property​

If at death bed you are with me​

I really like how having someone care enough to go the distance and be there at our deathbed is worth all our earthly possessions. This is so appropriate to a world that is too much run by money and not enough run by caring for humans. Capitalism in its more benign forms can be human friendly, but it looks like, given enough time, it simply is a form of money-over-humans, or what the Bible called "Mammon," the love of property and wealth. Ultimately, according to the Bible, we must choose whether we want to follow the origin of Good (taking out one o and referring to it as "God") or the love of Mammon/Money. Strange that a man with the last name of "Moneyhon" (my last name) would be so down on money!
Thanks for sharing this poem, that, to me, illustrates the dehumanizing nature of an overly capitalistic world, whether in China or here in the US.

Darrell mountainfaller Moneyhon